Chapter 46

I reach out for an apple before making my way towards the sofa again. I've spent my whole day here. Literally.

I stare at Luke's phone who's still laying on the table. He haven't been here to pick it up. But I don't really mind, actually. It always feels so wrong after we've hung out. I just wanna tell Ashton, before Taylor tells him by accident, or some of their fans catch me and Luke in eachothers arms on a photo. He should hear it from us, not from someone else. I know how hurt he actually would be if I he found out from someone else.

Anyway, mom got home a while ago. Giggling and with pink cheeks. A big smile and sparkling eyes. Most daughters would probably be really happy for their moms when she founds someone new, but I don't really bother. Her always being out means more silent for me, and the apartment for myself. My thoughts are being interrupted by the phone. Mom's currently taking a shower, so I stand up with a sigh. I reach out for the phone, pressing the green button.

"Yes?" I mutter, not really interested in talking to anyone.

"Why so grumpy?" Luke chuckles from the other side of the phone.

"I'm just tired. I fell asleep on the couch last night" I say, placing myself on the table.

"What a coincident, I did too"

I smile. "You forgot your phone here"

"Yeah, I'm aware of that. That's why I'm calling from the normal phone"

"So they know that you're talking to me then?" I ask.

"Ehrm, not really" his voice gets lower as he speaks. "I'm sitting in the backyard"

"Luke!" I sigh. "We've gotta tell them"

"Can't you just be my little secret for a little bit more?" His voice is soft again, which causes me to relax.

"It doesn't matter what he thinks about it, you know" I mumble the words while stating at my apple.

"Then why is it so important to tell him?"

"Just because" I sigh again. "But even if he wouldn't like the two of us a couple I wouldn't care. I mean, when have I ever cared what someone else thinks?"

Luke laughs. "You're right about that"

I smile. "But I don't want to go behind his back"

"We will tell him, okay? When the time is right"

I nod, even though he can't see me.

"I can come and pick up my phone?" Suggests Luke. "I actually think you owe me a kiss or two..."

I laugh. "Is that seriously all you think about? And you got two before you left, so shut up"

"So I'm not coming over..?"

"You need your phone, smartass. Of course you're coming to get it"

"I'm on my way!"

I chuckle. "I'll see you soon then"

Luke's hands are cupping my face as he press my back against the wall. I chuckle, escaping his kiss, causing Luke to pout.

"Geez, Luke. You act like you haven't seen me in years"

He wraps his arms around me. "I haven't"

"Yes you have! You met me this morning" I chuckle.

"You had me waiting for too long" his eyes stares into mine as he mumbles the words.

"You're so cheesy" I say, leading him towards the kitchen where his phone is. I hand it to him, and he lets it slip down his pocket.

"How about" he leans forward over the table, "we take this week just as it comes, and then we tell Ashton?"

I look at him with suspicious eyes.

"Take it as it comes?"

"Yeah, I'm in the studio tomorrow and on Saturday and Sunday. I thought we could hang out some day or so, with or without the boys. Or you could just spend some time with Taylor"

"And then we tell him?"

He nods.

"But you said that you wanted to make this thing work out first? Make sure that we won't break up the first thing we do after telling the boys"

"Well, I still think that"

"Let's say the month" I suggest. "If we're still sure about it after this month, then we're telling them"

Luke laughs, showing me his deep dimples. "You don't want to tell him either!"

"Yes I want to! But maybe I like your idea too.."

He laughs, pressing me against his chest. "Or maybe you just can't wait until you can make out with me in public"

I slap his arm with a laugh. "I'm not even interested in making out with you when we're all alone!"

I back a few steps away from his smiling face.

"Oh, take it back" he says. I shake my head. It ends up with Luke chasing me. Of course his long arms are strong enough to catch me by my waist, dragging me down to the floor where his fingers stars to tickle me.

Maybe we don't need that month. I mean, I'm pretty sure that this is what I want.

Taylor looks at me. "I miss Lan"

I grin as she whines with a sigh.

"Don't we all?"

"He'd be surprised to see that old Des is back again"

"Old Des isn't back" I mutter. "She'll never come back"

"Well, Luke have magically made the new Des disappear"

"I'm not disappearing! I just..."

"You're just happier" Taylor interrupts me. "And I'm glad that you are. I've missed seeing your smile more than one time a month"

Of course, she causes me to smile. She places her small bum beside mine in my bed.

"I'm glad you're my friend, Tay" I mumble.

"You're lucky. Girls like me doesn't grow on trees, you know"

I laugh. "Yeah, I know that"

We stay quiet for a while, before I turn my eyes to my red haired friend.

"So how was your date with Alex then?"

She smiles a big smile with sparkling eyes. "Oh, Destiny, it was just perfect"

She starts to tell me everything about their 'magical' evening together, and I listen with a small smile. Alex and Taylor, their sparkle won't stop for a long while, that's one thing I'm sure about.

___________________________

A/N ~

Second chapter today :-)

Comments and votes really appreciates :)

Thanks for reading xx