Chapter 67

Destiny's perspective ~

Landon comes home today.

I look at my reflection in the mirror. A tired face stares back at me. I haven't spoke to Luke all week. It's his birthday today, and I'm not really planning to talk to him yet.

I feel a bit bad though... I mean, it's his 18th birthday, and I, his girlfriend, are not even planning to wish him a happy birthday.

I stare at the blue present I bought for him last week. I've thrown it on the floor in frustration. I'm so stupid! Like, why am I such an emotional freak? All he did was being a bit grumpy... But since he haven't bothered to contact me in any way, I bet he really doesn't want to talk to me. Maybe he's a bit mad that I overreacted?...

The doorbell rings. I bet it's Stephanie, since I'm bringing her with me to the party. She's only twelve am so far, but we're having lunch together before spending our day together.

I climb of my bed, stepping on a t-shirt. I bent down to pick it up. It's Luke's. After that we-almost-had-sex night. I'm glad mom interrupted, I'm not ready for it. Besides, the first time should be special, right? Romantic, which means the opposite to what it really was...

Anyway, I throw the t-shirt away, hurrying towards the door while pictures of Luke kissing me flows by in my mind.

I throw the door open, hoping by heart that it's steph, and not Luke who came to try and talk...

It's Stephanie. This might be a good day actually.

As Stephanie hurries inside, I can tell she's upset.

"Woah, what happened, steph?" I ask.

"Calum happened" she cries out, trying to stop a tear from falling.

I stare at her. "C'mon, let's sit down. Then you can tell me everything"

We place ourselves in the living room, since mom is in the kitchen.

She bumps down at the aofa, letting out a loud sigh. I wait for her to start telling when she's ready.

"So basically, we spent all night together yesterday, after they got home from rehearsals and stuff. Everything went on really well! He hold my hand as we were walking, I don't know, he was just perfect... He even kissed my cheek!" She looks down at her hands. "So this morning they didn't start rehearsals until eleven since it's Luke's birthday, so Calum asked me if I'd like to come over and stuff. Of course, I said yes... Anyway, it was quite quiet and weird by the house, Luke had locked himself inside the room, Michael played videogames and ash had disappeared. Not really the birthday feeling if you get what I mean"

I nod, feeling a bit bad I wasn't there to wish Luke a happy birthday.

"But anyways, Calum brought me out at the backyard. There, we say in the grass with our feet in their pool, having a great time until he opened his stupid mouth" she crosses her arms. "He went on and on about this girl from home he'd been talking to again, and that she's coming to a few of the Australian tour dates. He say there, describing a perfect girl in front of me like she was his creaking girlfriend!"

"Oh.." Is all I mumble.

"And if that wasn't enough! He said, and I quote, 'you've become one of my best friends, Stephanie. I hope it's okay I told you this, I just felt the urge to tell you since you're a girl and you think as a girl. Maybe you could give me some advices?'" She snorts. "With that, I just stood up and left. I mean, he can't do that the other day, and then the next talking about someone else like there never was anything between us!"

I put my hand on her shoulder. "Just ignore him" I say. "Maybe he's just a bit nervous around you? And wants to show that you're not his only option, even though I know for sure that he only has eyes for you"