Chapter 12

I'm sitting on a bench. This time I'm not crying, and I'm not getting any money from old ladies with little dogs. There's no ladies here though, I'm in school. The only older woman here is mrs. Carter. She's 64 years old, but doesn't look like a day over 40. She's really tall, and since she's always wearing high heels she's looking more like a giant than a normal human being. Anyway, it was two days ago dad 'came home'. I've been crying a lot during these days. And I've been thinking about. I've been feeling a lot of feelings. I've been hating.. I bet 'Ashton' was the first thing that popped up in most people's mind right there. I don't hate him anymore. I love him, just like I've always done - well, except that day of course... I forgave him the day after when he arrived to me and my moms apartment with breakfast and coffee. Mom wasn't home, she worked, so we cuddled up in the sofa together. We ate our breakfast, watched some TV, talked, I cried, he comforted me, I forgave him, he hugged me before I fell asleep. I was curled up against his warm chest, and I just felt safe again. In my 'big brothers' arms. Before I fell asleep, he gave my cheek a sweet kiss, then telling me that it was from Harry. His younger brother. Apperantly, Ashton talked to him over the phone just this morning. He was so excited when Ashton told him that he was gonna meet me, so ash promised that he would give me a kiss on the cheek from Harry. I love Harry, he's such a great kid. It's way too bad I haven't got the opportunity to watch him grow up. But on the other hand, I hadn't a chance to watch Ashton growing up either. Because he moved.. Away from me, away from my world.

My parents are still on the list under 'hate', though. The sad thing is that they probably never will change list.

I don't know if I can trust my dad. He said that he's sorry, along with thousands of other stuff. He also told me that he moved to another country, and he claims that it's because of that he hasn't called it anything. You know 'it's waaaay too expensive'.. Pfft, yeah sure. He didn't told me where he moved, but I really don't care so it doesn't matter. He's staying at a friends house, and he left his cellphone number to mom. We - and with we I mean my parents - talked for a few hours. I barely listened, why would I? I don't owe them anything... Anyway, when he left, he hugged me.. I considered to throw away the tee, but then I realised that it was the one Megan gave me. So I just threw it to the laundry. I'm also planning to keep it there for the week, or else I probably won't get rid of the smell. I'm doodling in my notebook. I'm half through the song, but I've changed it. Even after Luke helped me. I'm not writing about someone I've lost, I'm war irking about something happy, at least I'm trying. But my teacher is satisfied, so I guess I should be too. I look at my clock and realise that I have a class. I sigh as I start to walk, but at least it's music class, and I get to write on my song. At least it's not biology again...

"When are you coming home again?" I ask.

"At the beginning of August. Why? Do you miss meeeeee?" Landon laughs in the phone, and I can't help but smile.

"Of course I do. You're my Landon" I say.

"I know. And you're my Destiny. But now tell me, why are you calling me this late? I was about to go to sleep" he says. I bite my lip.

"Well... Guess who came to visit me?.." I mumble.

"I don't know... Who?"

"My dad" I close my eyes with a sigh, and Landon stays quiet.

"Y-your dad?"

"Mhm. He showed up here two days ago. My mom forgave him right away, and now they're both trying to make forgive him. Ha, like I would do that.." I mutter.

"Wait.. So, uhm, so your mom just forgave him? Just like that?" He sounds surprised, and I just shake my shoulders. But then I realise that he can't see me.

"Well yeah. I don't know why, she's just as hurt because of him as I am." I admit.

"Well I like Hayley, she's probably making the right decision, just as usual" Landon says. I sigh.

"You're not much of a help right now, Lan..." I mutter.

"Then go over to Taylor!" He says, and I know for sure that he's smiling.

"She's not home either.. I thought you knew?"

"Well, you've got your friend! Uhm, what was his name? Andrew?"

"Ashton. His name is Ashton" I giggle. "And yeah, I've got him. But it's not the same. You and Taylor were with me when he left, and when Megan died.. But he wasn't. It's not the same" I'm turning around in my bed as I speak. It's actually not the same. I'd like it to be, but it's not...

"Hey, dot worry babe. I'm home soon, okay? And so is Tay! And I know how much you love and care for that Austin guy.."

"Ashton" I interrupt him with a smile.

"Okay, I know how you much you love and care for Ashton"

"Well yes, but..."

"No buts!" He shush me down. "Whatever he's done to make you feel like this now - because I know how much he actually means to you -, well it doesn't really matter. You should be happy to have a friend like that. You've never had a brother, but girl, the way your eyes lights up when you talk about him... He's your big brother, you can't stay mad at him. Am I right, huh?" He knows exactly what to say to make me smile. And of course, I smile.

"Yeah.. You're right. Just like you always are" I sigh, but I can't help but smile. I can hear someone calling Landon's name in the background, and I guess it's a signal that we need to hang up...

"Hey, I'm sorry hun. But I need to hang up. Duty calls, you know?"

"Yeah, I understand, Lan! I'll talk to you soon?" I sit up in my bed as I speak.

"Of course you will babe! I'm sending you a hug right now. Can you feel it?" He asks with a laugh.

"Oh, Landon! You shouldn't have! Seriously, you shouldn't have. I hate hugs" now it's my turn to laugh.

"Well too bad for you then.. But I know that you secretly love my hugs"

"Oh, of course I do! If that saves your manly ego?"

"Manly ego? Okay we better hang up before this escalates any further. It's waaaaay past your bedtime, miss!"

"Well, okay then. Goodnight, Landon" I say.

"Goodnight, Des. I love you. I hope you remember that! And don't hesitate to call me again! I love talking to you" he says, and I know for sure that he's smiling again.

"Love you too, Landon!"

___________________________

A/N ~

I'M SO SORRY FOR SUCH A SHORT CHAPTER BUT I'VE BEEN STRUGGLING WITH THIS ONE FOR HOURS NOW! But there will soon be longer and more exiting chapters guys! I know that this one was boring sigh..

Anyway, I'm gonna start with this one thing. At the end of every chapter, I'm gonna ask you a question in my A/N (authors note, for those who's always been wondering haha). The question is gonna be about the chapter, and I'd love too if you all would like to answer them in a comment! Thanks :')

Today's question ~ what are your thoughts about Destiny's dad? Did he make the right decision to come home to Des and her mom? Do you love him? Do you hate him? Why? TELL ME EVERYTHING in a comment! :)

Comments and votes appreciates :)

Thanks for reading xx