Chapter 19

"Favourite colour?" Luke asks before throwing the football towards me.

"You're always giving it to heeeer! Don't you want to ask me something?" Calum whines, pushing his bottom lip out.

"That's because I already know everything about you, Calum" Luke explains.

"Black" I answer Luke's questions as I try to come up with one myself.

"Black?" Questions Calum with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, any problem?" I ask him, he sakes his head with a smile. I throw the football at Calum.

"Favourite animal?"

"DOGS!" He shouts, causing two little kids to stare at us. "Well I think it's dogs anyway"

He throws it back to me, "favourite song?"

"I don't have one" I shake my shoulders.

"Well your favourite artist then?"

"I don't listen to music" I admit.

"How do you survive? Music is like life. You can't live without it" Luke points out, staring at me in chock.

"Well I'm here! Alive! And you don't die just because you don't listen to music! You die if you're in an accident, are sick or like old" I mutter. Luke realises that he's in a sensitive area, and stops.

"I'm sorry, destiny" he says. I look at him. He didn't really hurt me, but I always react a bit when people talk about death as if it wasn't real.

"It's okay, Luke. You didn't do anything wrong" I say, giving him a small smile. Calum seems confused, so I throw the towards him.

"Favourite colour?"

-

I stare at the window. It's raining outside. Luke's in the studio, so he can't 'convince' me to talk to Ashton today. Taylor isn't home. Landon isn't home. I don't talk to the betrayer Ashton. I hang out with Alex yesterday. I don't like my dad. Mom's at work, but I wouldn't do anything with her even if she was home...

I'm bored. Like really bored. She's way past 11am, and I'm still in bed. I slowly stand up, reaching for the huge hoodie I threw on the floor a few days ago. I'm only wearing a tee and underwear, so the hoodie feels warm around my body. It reaches down over my bum as I slowly make my way towards the kitchen. I search for some bread as I start to whistle. Suddenly the door shuts open.

"Destiny?"

It's my mom... Ugh, seriously? I'd rather be alone and bored.

"Mm?"

"Where are you?" She asks, and I can hear her walking towards me.

"In the kitchen" I reply. I look up as she arrives. I'm surprised by her clothes. She's looking... Well dressed? I don't know how to explain though.

"Are you dressed?" She asks with a small smile.

"If a hoodie and underwear is what you called being dressed, then yes" I tell her.

"Go and change! Something nice, I have someone I want you to meet" she says.

"Here? Now?"

"Yes, hurry up!"

I walk towards my room, closing the door after me. I change to jeans and a clean tee, putting my hair up in a ponytail. I look at myself in the mirror. I look okay. I hurry out, curious who my mom's little friend is. I arrive in the living room. There's a man sitting on mom's side in the sofa. Mom stands up, hurrying up to me with a new smile. She places a hand on my shoulder.

"Destiny, this is Chandler!" She smiles. She turns her eyes towards 'Chandler', "Chandler, this is my daughter Destiny"

I look at her. Waiting for her to explain what he's doing here. Especially now, I thought she would work?

"Hi" I slowly say towards the grinning dude. He stands up, and I realise he's like a giant. He's very tall, with brown curls and grey eyes. He shakes my hand.

"Hi, Chandler"

I turn my eyes to my mother, still waiting for an explanation.

"Des, I'd like you to meet my boyfriend"

___________________________

A/N ~

Short chapter, I know :/

Comments and votes appreciates :)

Thanks for reading x