Chapter 26

"Why did you tell Ashton not to tell me?" I ask with a surprisingly calm voice. Dad scratches his forehead.

"Because I wanted to tell you myself" he says.

"But you left us!"

"But now I'm back"

I stare at my dad. He annoys me, he really does.

"I don't want you back" I mutter. Dad sighs.

"You've made that quite clear, but all I'm trying to do is get my daughter back"

"She's gone. Both of them are" my voice is ice cold, and dad looks quite hurt. It doesn't affect me though, I'm quite used with the fact that I hurt my parents. Me and dad are in this café, drinking coffee. He's wearing a plaid shirt and jeans, not the same old suits he used to wear 24/7. I'm wearing a grey tee and some black skinny jeans. I have my sunglasses on, since it's a sunny day. My brown hair is up in a ponytail, as usual. Dad's curls have grown longer since I last saw him - mom told him to keep a low profile for a week or so, after I made up with Ash again -, and I hate the fact that it's the same colour as mine. I look a lot like him, to be honest. Witch also sucks. A lot.

"Destiny... Please, just give me another chance?" He begs with a low voice. I take a sip of my coffee. It's smoking hot, and I burn my tongue.

"Why?"

"Because I love you" he says with what I think is pain in his eyes.

-

I haven't talked to Landon for ages! Which sucks, because I like Landon. I just never shows that much of emotions with him.

"Well I've always liked your dad! Maybe you should give him another chance?" Landon suggests. Geez, this is like the Ashton drama all over again. 'Maybe you should go talking to him', 'maybe you should give him another chance'. Blah blah blah.

"I don't like him" I mutter, as I'm walking towards the music store down the street.

"Yes you do!"

I frown.

"Ashton and I are friends again" I say, changing the subject.

"Really? That's fantastic babe!" Landon says with a now happier voice.

"Yeah" I mumble as I step into the store. I love this store, it's my absolute favourite one.

"How about the other boys? Are you still... Ihm, friends with them?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I?"

"Oh, I don't know..."

I pick up a cd. It's a all time low one.

"Well, they're great friends. I like them all" I say. "But you, Taylor and Ashton are still on the top of my list" I add with a smile.

"Yeah, I figured" he chuckles.

It's just me and Ashton, for once. We're at my place, watching movies. We've got Nutella and strawberries. My legs is placed in his lap as he criticise Robert Pattinson. Yes, we're watching twilight. We always used to watch twilight when we were little, me, Megan and Ashton.

"Like I don't get it, why would he be so rude to her and then just 'oh, hi. Let's be best friends tihihihihi'" Ashton frowns as he says it, and I start to giggle.

"You've watched this movie like a million times, Ash. And you always comment this part" I chuckle.

"That's because it's a weird part of the movie, destiny!"

"Just watch the movie, silly head"

We watch the movie in silence. Ashton eating all the strawberries, while I'm eating Nutella. All of suddenly, Ashton turns his head towards me.

"Are you and Luke dating?" He asks with a dead serious voice. I state at him with huge eyes.

"What... No? Why would you think that?" I ramble, surprised.

"I don't know... You seem to get along really well and he had his hand on your back and I just don't want you to get hurt again and I..."

"Ashton," I cut him off, "stop! Just because he had his hand on by back doesn't mean we're a couple. We're just friends. Pinky promise!"

"But everyone says you do" Ashton slowly points out.

"What? Who's 'everyone'?"

"Our fans"

"What fans?"

"The fans you met during your walk! Wait, I'll show you" he picks up his phone, and I can see him clicking on the twitter app. He search for a bit before he hands me the phone. I slowly make my way down the page. It's lots of pictures of me and Luke, taken by their fans. Then we have a picture when Luke smiles at me, a really adorable smile. They've also got pictures of when Luke places his hand on my back. I need to admit, we do look like a couple. There's update accounts and everything that describe me as Luke's 'mysterious girl', or his 'reported girlfriend'. I look up again.

"We're not dating" I confirm. Ashton looks hesitated.

"You know that he would leave at the end of the summer, right? Back to Australia" Ashton says. I get quiet. I've never thought of it that way... But he has a point, my heart would be crushed if my boyfriend left me here for the other side of the world. Maybe it's good that we're just friends again? I can't get that hurt with him as just my friend, right?

___________________________

A/N ~

New chapter :D

Today's question ~

What are your thoughts about Landon?

Comments and votes appreciates :)

Thanks for reading x