Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

"I cannot give you favourable treatment, Milo," she told her son, " if it had been any other student they would receive detention, I'm sorry-"

"Don't be sorry, Mum," Milo reassured her. "I understand."

Cedric continued to stand there as McGonagall was forced to give Milo detention for that evening, but when Milo came outside of the office, he was practically skipping. He obviously didn't seem very phased by the idea of serving detention that evening, but Cedric assumed there was more to Milo's little excursion into the forest. 

Milo didn't notice Cedric right away as he went to continue down the opposite end of the corridor before Cedric reached his arm out and grabbed him by the back of his robes. A small screech escaped the bespectacled boy as he was snatched back, grabbing Paden in both hands before the bowtruckle was launched off his shoulder. Falling back, Cedric's kept him from hitting the ground as his hands gripped him from under his arms. Seconds later, Milo glanced up and flashed him a grin.

"Hi, Cedric."

"Hi, Milo," he couldn't help the fluttering feeling in his chest as he was met with the familiar blue gaze. Somehow it was like they were back to the times where they hadn't confessed any of their feelings for each other, just tiptoeing around the idea of there being something between them. 

Maybe it was because there wasn't a hint of stress on Milo's expression, it was like looking at a younger Milo in that moment, even if the boy had just received a detention issued by his mother. Suddenly, Milo reached his arm around and knocked Cedric in the back of his knees causing Cedric to crumble to the floor suddenly. 

"Mi-" A yelp replaced the boy's name as he found Milo suddenly sitting on his chest, keeping him pinned in place. He had to admit, he hadn't expected all of that to happen, especially in a public corridor but the way Milo was smiling down at him looking all too excited.

"You did something, didn't you?" It was the only plausible thing he could come up with in that moment to explain Milo's giddiness.

"Oh, I did multiple things, Cedric."

"Speaking solely as a prefect and not your boyfriend, would I like said things?"

"I would venture to say no."

"Merlin have mercy."

Milo grabbed Cedric's hands and stood up to help him back to his feet. "Merlin can't save you now, Cedric!"

When Milo claimed that he had much to show Cedric, the prefect wasn't sure what to expect because that's how it usually was with Milo. One simply couldn't guess what the boy would present them, but that also kept the exciting factor. As Milo dragged him back to the Hufflepuff Common Room, they made their way to Milo's dorm and finally, his hand was released as they stood in front of Milo's trunk. Paden chirped loudly from Milo's shoulder, seemingly sharing the boy's excitement as they were conversing back and forth. Cedric didn't have the slightest of clues as to what they were talking about but he figured he was about to find out. 

Milo opened the trunk before climbing in and disappearing, leaving Cedric to stand there before looking around awkward. Suddenly, his boyfriend's head popped back out with an impatient look written on his face.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Come on, come on."

With a face like that, the little kitten had returned in Cedric's life, although he had become a little demanding in that moment. But as silly as he felt, Cedric found himself climbing into the trunk, closing the top of it over.