"What are you two still doing here?" She asked, looking directly at Cedric. She knew that Cedric was spending the night at the McGonagall household before they were due to leave for the event in the morning and since it was going to be an early morning, she had told Cedric to leave the tables alone. However, the boy was apparently incredibly stubborn with his work as he made sure everything was in order before he left.

Immediately, the woman began shooing the boys out of the pub area and brought them outside. "And stay out!" She yelled at them, before winking at the two. "Have fun tomorrow, darlings."

Heading towards the McGonagall home, Cedric took hold of Milo's hand and led the way, glad that the two were able to have a few moments to themselves. It was hard to believe that the entire time that he had hesitated being honest about his feelings and avoiding telling those around him, that he was missing out on moments like that. Unfortunately, it came with a price, he didn't have his parents' support, in a way, he earned the support of so many others that it definitely made up or it. 

Rosmerta acted as a mother towards him, making sure that he was well even though she was only supposed to be his employer for the time being. But she definitely took the boy under her wing, offering him advice when he asked and helping him with other things if he needed it. It was great to have that type of support when he thought his world was crashing after his parents practically disowned him. 

"Paden, don't you go eating too much before bed!" Milo's scolding brought Cedric out of his thoughts. "If you vomit again, you're the one cleaning it up! Don't you blow raspberries at me!"

"Milo, leave Paden alone," Cedric chuckled, "I'm sure he's just trying to eat as much as possible because he isn't sure when the next time you'll take him out on an adventure where he has to fight for his meal."

"He didn't have to fight for his meal originally!" Milo pointed out. "He wanted to hunt, I caught him insects and so did everyone else, but he refused to eat them. He was being stubborn, not me!"

The boy and the bowtruckle turned away from each other, leaving Cedric to stand there looking back and forth between the two. He made a motion with his head, giving Paden permission to continue his hunt while he was left with Milo. Noting the silence, the boy glanced over his shoulder to see why it had become so quiet, but as he turned he saw that Paden was gone.

"Where did he go?"

"That's not important right now, Milo, leave him be," Cedric said gripping the sleeve of Milo's shirt and pulled him close.

"Bu-"

"You know, I still didn't get you back for the other day between you and Silas jumping out at me."

"Uh well, we could just let that slide for the time being, if anything it was Silas who jumped out at you more than I did."

"Right, but I don't want to snog Silas."

"Well, I would hope not! He's awfully young in comparison and-"

He was cut off as Cedric pulled him into a strong kiss, reiterating that he missed Milo a great deal while he was away on his trip. It always rendered Milo weak because despite Cedric having such a strong appearance, his kisses were quite the opposite, usually tender and teasing but it definitely got the job done of making Milo flush a complete red in the face. Cedric continued to hold him close to his chest and despite the colder night air settling in, Milo was content and warm in the boy's hold. 

With one arm wrapped around Milo's waist, his other hand trailed up and got lost in the mess that was Milo's hair, but it definitely earned a small purring sound from Milo as it tickled his scalp. For a few seconds, Cedric pulled away with an amused grin.