Chapter 67 -- A Little Trip

I hate to say it but this is officially my last chapter of One Step Closer. It's so sad to think because I've been writing this story since the first time I saw the boys in concert and that was in June 2012. So I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who read this story and supported it to the end. I hope you enjoy the last chapter and also the Epilogue. So here's the last chapter. And if you're trying to find something else to read after this story is over, checkout my Liam Payne fanfic called Through The Dark and also my new story which is a Niall Horan fanfic called 'The Perfect Storm'. So once again, thank you to all my readers who read this book from the beginning and I apologize for taking so long to update

~Stella

Lola's P.O.V

The lads and I decided to go back out for the night and take Cecilia to the petting zoo. It was around 6:30 when we went so the animals were still awake, thank goodness. The whole night Cecilia has been still attached to Louis, and it's really cute, but sometimes I wanna hold my own daughter. When I look at him, I can see the love he has for her in his eyes and wants a baby of his own. Ever since Cecilia was born, the boys have been involved in her life. It's absolutely amazing what they do for her.

"Ceci, look at the baby elephant." I said. She instantly turned her head and started laughing.

"Seems like she adores the elephants." Zayn laughed and took my hand.

I know he could tell how concerned I was with her attachment to Louis.

"Babe, remember we're her parents and not Louis. He's not gonna take her from us." he said.

I looked into his eyes and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I know, its just we were gone for a whole week and she's just so attached to him. It's like she doesn't even remember me." I said.

"Sweetheart, of course she remembers you." Zayn said.

All of a sudden we heard a loud cry, and I looked to see Cecilia bawling in Louis's arms.

"Mommy!" she cried. "Mommy!"

I instantly ran to her and took her from Louis and tried to calm her down.

"What happened?" I asked, while bouncing her up and down.

"The tiger freaked her out." he said.

"It's okay Ceci. Mommy's here." I said softly. "Cecilia, look at daddy."

She then focused her attention on Zayn and he was making goofy faces at her and she started giggling.

"See, mommy and daddy always cheer her up. Something Louis can't do." he said.

I smiled at him and then leaned forward and kissed his lips, and this was a long passionate kiss.

"Get a room!" Niall shouted.

"Lola! Zayn! There are like children here!" Louis shouted in a valley girl voice.

I instantly started laughing and Zayn wrapped his arms around me. I looked up at him and took everything in. I have the perfect husband, the perfect daughter, and 4 best friends. Although I'm growing up, and I'm no longer a kid, I remember all the great times the boys and I had together. I remember always taking that one step closer and changing my life for the better.

Next Day

"Zayn! Come on! Ceci's getting anxious!" I hollered as Ceci started pulling my hand, indicating she really wanted to go to the park.

"Daddy." she whined.

"I'm coming sweetie." he said. I watched as Zayn ran out the door and jogged towards the two of us. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and then picked Ceci up and put her on his hip.

"No daddy! No!" she cried.

"Seems as if she wants to walk daddy." I laughed as I watched Zayn put Ceci down. She then started skipping down the sidewalk and we followed close behind.

"Can I least hold your hand?" Zayn asked.

"Of course, you never have to ask." I smiled. Zayn kissed my cheek and then laced his fingers with mine. When we reached the park, Ceci took Zayn by the hand and dragged him towards the slide. I sat down on a bench near by and watched the two of them play. Hearing the laughter of my daughter and my husband together made me smile with joy. As Ceci was playing in the sand box near by, Zayn came over and sat next and she never left our sight. He scooted closer to me and put his arm around my shoulder and I rested my head on his shoulder. I watched as a mother was rocking her newborn baby side to side to make her fall asleep. It made me miss the times when Ceci was just a little baby.

"I know what you're thinking." Zayn whispered in my ear.

"And what's that Malik?" I said and raised an eyebrow.

"You wanna try making another baby?" he asked. I lifted my head from his shoulder and caught his gaze.

"What?" I asked.

"I told you I knew what you were thinking.What do you think about adding a new edition to our family?" he smiled.

"You're sure about that? Ceci's not even two years old yet." I said.

"I've never been more sure in my life. That's only if you're ready though." he said as he stroked my hand.

"You know, I think I could be." I smiled.

"Should we start tonight?" he smirked.

"The sooner the better." I giggled. He then crashed his lips on mine and I opened my mouth slightly to let his tongue roam around. I finally realized what we were doing and I backed off.

"Zayn, we gotta stop. There are other people and children here." I giggled.

"But I want you so bad." he smirked and pressed his lips to my neck.

"Well you're gonna have to wait. Now come on, let's go play with our little girl." I said.

"Sounds good." he smiled and got up. He held his hand out for me but I looked down and raised an eyebrow and dashed towards the playground.

"I'm gonna get you Lola." he hollered from behind me.

"I'd like to see you try." I laughed.