Chapter 42 -- Trouble in Paradise

Lola’s P.O.V

I was sitting in the living room watching reruns of Scooby Doo while Zayn was in the workout room. I couldn't stop staring at him. He was just so hot when he worked out. Of course the living room had to be right next to the workout room. I looked at Zayn again, this time making eye contact with him. He smirked and motioned for me to come in the workout room. Zayn was doing push ups as I was walked in and when he saw me he said “Come here, I need some motivation.” So I slide underneath him and he kissed me each time he came down. I just stared into his eyes every time he came down while his soft lips came in contact with mine.

3 hrs later...

“Zaynnnnnn!” I called from the top of the stairs.

I knew I was interrupting him because I heard a loud sigh and then he stomped up the stairs.

“Yes sweetie?” he said with a fake smile.

“I need help packing.”

“You woke me up from my nap, just cause you need help packing? It’s not that hard to pack Lola. It’s not like you’re 5 years old, you don’t need me to hold your hand.” he snapped and pushed me towards my closet.

His snappy comment scared me slightly and I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. “I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to wake you up. I thought you were watching TV!” I screamed as I ran past him.

He sighed again and started walking towards me with his arms open but I backed away from him.

“No! Don't touch me!” I said sternly and pushed him away. I then scurried into the bathroom and locked the door.

“Lola. Open the door.” he said sternly, pounding forcefully on the door.

I panicked cause I knew he would be mad once he got the door open, so I scurried to the window and ran out on the balcony.

“Lola. Come on. Open the door.” he commanded. The door knob was twisting more and more so I crawled out the window and on to the balcony. I slowly and quietly shut the window and slowly walked on the balcony. I mean it was basically a deck outside the bathroom window so it was safe, it ran outside Vera’s window as well. I attempted to sneak past Vera’s window but right as I walked by, Zayn saw me.

“Lola!” he screamed. “What are you doing?!” He ran towards the window and I sprinted down the stairs of the balcony.

“Lola! Stop! You’re being ridiculous!” he screamed.

I looked behind me and he was running down the stairs.

“Oh great.” I said as I saw that the balcony was ending. I could either jump or have Zayn catch me. Coincidentally, Niall and the rest of the boys were right below me.

“Lola! What are you doing?!” Liam screamed from below.

“Help me!” I screamed. I ran to the side and Liam and Niall waited below me to catch me. I jumped down and was greeted by their embracing arms.

“What’s going on?” they asked. I squirmed out of their grips and ran down the driveway to my car. They chased after me and from a far I could see Zayn attempting to jump. I jumped in the front seat and put the key in the ignition and turned it on.

“Lola, slow down for a second. What’s wrong?” Harry asked.

I wiped away some tears and started hiccuping (something I do when I cry).

“Zayn pushed me and I just need to get away.” I cried. I put the car in reverse and zipped out of the driveway. I didn’t even know where the hell I was going.

Zayn’s P.O.V

I watched as Lola ran to her car and the boys went after her. I attempted to jump from the balcony but knowing me I’m afraid of heights and it was pretty high. Once I got down I took off full speed to catch up with Lola but she drove away too fast. The lads turned around and saw me.

“Zayn! What’s going on?” Louis frantically asked me.

“Lola and I got into a little argument and she got upset and snuck out the balcony and ran out here.” I explained.

“What did you argue about?” Niall asked.

“I overreacted for no reason and I pushed her.” I sighed.

“You pushed her?! Why would you do that?! After everything she has been through, you decide to push her?!” Niall screamed. I knew Niall was protective of Lola, but not that protective. It kind of pissed me off.

“I know I shouldn’t have but it was a mistake! I would never hurt Lola, and I don’t want her to be afraid of me.” I cried.

“Well looks like she is now.” Louis added.

I shot Louis a death glare “You’re not helping Lou.”

He shrugged his shoulders and walked towards Harry.

“I need to go find her.” I said.

“No mate, leave her alone. Let her relax. She’ll come back.” Liam suggested.

Vera and Addison saw the 5 of us in the yard and invited us inside, so we did and decided to wait for Lola.