Chapter 4 -- The Awards

Lola's P.O.V

As soon as Zayn was out of my sight I started sprinting back to my room. Once I reached the room, I quickly opened the door and screamed.

"Emma!" I screamed.

She literally jumped from the couch and threw her magazine.

"What's wrong?!" she screamed back.

"You'll never believe what happened!" I screamed.

"You found me a new dress because I'm not sure I'm liking this one!" she hollered.

"No! Anyways, I was walking down the hall, looking for Safia and when I turned the corner Zayn Malik ran into me and spilled his coffee all over me!" I hollered.

"No way! That's so unfair! I want to meet Zayn Malik!" she yelled.

"Now what's this about you not liking your dress?" I asked while raising an eyebrow.

"I was kidding." she laughed.

I looked at her and then Safia suddenly walked in.

"Oh thank goodness you're back." I said and sat down in my chair.

"Sorry Ms. Lola. I was looking for someone and got side tracked." she said.

"It's alright. No biggie. By the way. I love my hair."  I smiled.

"Glad you like it." Safia said.

About an hour later, Safia finished my makeup and we only had 45 minutes until showtime. Emma and I slipped our dresses on and my manager came in to tell me that Emma and I need to be on the orange carpet in 10 minutes. We touched up our makeup and headed out the door. I couldn't believe my best friend and I were going to be on the orange carpet, at our first awards show.

Marcy, my manager, led Emma and I threw the hotel and downstairs to our car. We went out the backdoor and hopped in the car. Marcy sat next to me and told me not to be nervous or say anything embarrassing. I nodded my head and side hugged her. Marcy was like a second mom to me. She was always looking out for me and making sure I do my best. We pulled up to the arena where the KCA's were being held and I saw the orange carpet. There were screaming fans everywhere. Emma got out and once they saw me they all started cheering and screaming my name. I walked past them, touching their hands and smiling. Some reporters stopped us and took tons of pictures and asked thousands of questions. I looked around to see if I saw One Direction any where, when I suddenly spotted Zayn and his quiff. I stared at him, hoping to make eye contact and then he turned his head. He was looking all around and then he spotted me. He looked, turned away, and then did a double take. When he turned around the second time, he smiled and waved. I smiled and waved back. I was going to go over there but we were being pushed inside the arena. The awards were starting soon.

"Ready for this Lola?" Emma asked while linking her arm with mine. 

"More than ever." I laughed.

Marcy followed a young man dressed in a nice suit into the arena and once we got inside, Emma's jaw dropped and so did mine. The young man led us to our seats and Marcy was seated about 15 rows behind us. Emma sat on the isle so she was just sitting next to me. 

"I wonder who will be sitting here." I said while tapping Emma's arm.

"I don't know." she said.

"Oh my gosh Emma. What if I get slimed." I said.

"Why would you think you would get slimed?" she chuckled.

"Well Jack Black is the host and I met him a couple months ago, so he'll probably save me a slime." I said.

Emma laughed and then her eyes got huge.

"Don't look now, but One Direction is going to be sitting next to you." she said.

I turned around and saw the 5 of them coming straight towards.

"Emma, come on. I have to go the bathroom." I said while pulling her hand and dragging her to the bathroom.

After going to the "bathroom" we walked back to our seats and sure enough they were sitting next to us. Harry was sitting next to me, then Niall, Liam, Zayn, and Louis. They all looked cute in their outfits. We had to walk right past them so I tried to hide my face, but I should have known it wasn't going to work.

"Lola!" I heard a familiar voice say.

Zayn's P.O.V

Once we got inside the arena, the lads and I easily found our seats and we noticed two empty ones next to us.

"I wonder who will be sitting here." Harry said.

"Hmm maybe some hot girls!" Niall laughed.

We all got situated into our seats when two beautiful girls walked past us. I instantly knew the blonde by the shape of her face and her hair.

"Lola!" I called out.

She turned around and smiled.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi Zayn." she replied. She walked a little farther and I realized her and her friend were sitting in the two empty seats next to us.

"Harry!" I called. He didn't hear me.

"Harry!" I screamed again. He still didn't answer me. I noticed he was carrying on a conversation with Lola and she was laughing. Uh not gonna happen.

"Harry!" I screamed again. Finally I got his attention and I motioned for him to come over.

"I'll be right back." he said and got up. 

"Switch with me." I whispered into his ear.

"Why?" he asked me.

"I met her earlier and I kinda like her." I admitted.

"Ooooh does someone have a crush?" Harry laughed.

"Knock it off curly. Just switch with me." I said.

"Fine fine." he said. I got up and he took my seat and then I took his.

Lola then turned to look at me and she smiled.

"Hey." she giggled. "I thought Harry was sitting here." 

"Nope. He wanted to sit next to Louis. You know their whole bromance thing." I explained and she started laughing. Wow I made her laugh.

"You look really nice." I added.

"Awww why thank you." she smiled.

"Who's your friend." I asked and she turned around.

"Oh this is Emma. Emma this is Zayn." she said.

I reached for her hand and she smiled.

"Hi, nice to meet you Zayn." she said.

"You too." I smiled.

"Now do I get to meet your friends?" she asked.

"Of course!" I replied. "Lads!" I said and they all turned to look at me. "This is Lola."

They all waved and she smiled.

"Hey guys." she said. I stared at her for a while and just studied her facial features.

"I'm so nervous for tonight." she said.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"Well I'm up for 3 awards, I performing, and I'm afraid I'm going to get slimed." she admitted.

"Aww don't worry you'll be fine." I said while rubbing her back.

She then looked up at me and smiled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading guys! I also put a link to Lola's dress in a external link off to the side! xx :)