Chapter 10 -- A Night To Remember

Zayn’s P.O.V.

My hands were shaking the entire way to Lola’s house. I don’t know why I’m so nervous. Lola is one of my best friends and I have no reason to be nervous around her. I pulled into her driveway and put my land rover in park. This was it. I walked to the door and hit the doorbell. By this point I was literally shaking. Just calm down Zayn. Calm down. The door opened and I was greeted with Vera’s face.

“Hey Vera.” I smiled.

“Hi Zayn. Come in.” she said.

I followed her into the house and walked to the living room.

“Lola will be right down.” she said.

I sat down on the couch and waited for her. I then heard her light footsteps and quickly stood up. When I turned around my heart stopped.

Lola’s P.O.V

I had gone back upstairs to my room to apply some perfume when I heard the doorbell and my eyes got huge. I grabbed Vera’s arm and she laughed.

“I’ll go get it.” she squealed.

I watched as she walked down the hall and to the stairs. I could hear her greeting Zayn from the bottom of the stairs. I just kept thinking about how much I like him. All the memories we’ve made this past month were rushing through my head. I let out a huge breath and headed for the stairs. I peaked over the railing and saw Zayn sitting on the couch. He’s so hot. Whoa. I can’t believe I just thought that. He’s one of my best friends.

I walked down the stairs and he jumped from his seat and turned to me. I watched as his eyes got bigger and then that famous grin of his appeared on his face. He met me at the bottom of the stairs and I put my arms around his neck. He then stroked my cheek and smiled.

“Are you ready to go?” he asked.

“Definitely.” I smiled and he took my hand. I hugged Vera goodbye and he led me to his car. He walked to my side and opened the door for me and then he ran around to his side.

“So are you going to tell me where we are going?” I asked.

He took my hand and held it tightly.

“Sorry babe. It’s a surprise.” he smiled.

“Ughhh I hate surprises.” I complained.

“No you don’t.” he laughed.

“And how would you know that?” I asked.

“Well I was surprise and me asking you out was a surprise right?” he asked.

“Very clever Malik.” I laughed.

As we were driving, he held on to my hand all the way to our destination. Eventually he pulled into a parking lot of a restaurant that was unfamiliar to me.

“Oh so we’re going to dinner. Perfect.” I said.

“Well I can’t keep this part a surprise.” he laughed. What did he mean by this part? Was there more than one surprise? Great.

He got out of the car and opened the door for me and took my hand.

“Come on, let’s go.” he smiled.

He took my hand and he led me into the beautiful restaurant called Melisse.

Zayn’s P.O.V

I put the car in park and walked to Lola’s side and opened the door for her. She got out and I took her by the hand and led her inside.

I walked up to the hostess and a huge smile appeared on her face.

“Well hello there.” she said.