Chapter 11 -- One Word is All it Takes

Lola's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of a car door being shut and when I looked out my window my mom was walking to the door.

"Vera! Mom's home!" I screamed.

Vera suddenly jolted up from her sleep and we both ran down the stairs to greet our mom. As soon as we got down the stairs my mom had opened the door.

"Mom!" we screamed. I ran straight to her and threw my arms around her and then Vera did as well.

"My girls. I've missed you." she said while kissing the top of our heads.

"We've missed you too." I said.

We then let go and she looked at us and she stroked my cheek.

"How have you two been? Where's Addison?" she asked.

"We've been good mom. Not sure where she is. We just woke up." Vera explained.

"I'll check upstairs." my mom said while going up the stairs.

"Oh, and Lola!" she said.

"Ya mom?" I asked.

"Marcy would like you to meet her at the studio in an hour. She just called me." she explained.

"Oh okay. Thanks mom." I smiled.

"Ver. Have you ever noticed that mom always worries about Addison the most even though Addison is so mean to her?" I asked.

"Ya I have. I think it's because Addison is so rebellious, so mom actually does have to worry about her a lot." Vera said.

I shrugged my shoulders and ran upstairs and walked past Addison's room to hear my mom crying.

"Just get out mom! I'm so sick of this family!" I heard Addison scream.

My mom walked out shutting the door behind me and she hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that Lo." my mom said while hugging me.

"It's okay mom. She's said some pretty nasty things to me while you've been gone." I explained.

My mom sighed and then smiled at me as if she had just figured out my deepest secret.

"So is it true?" she asked.

"Is what true?" I asked.

She picked up the necklace around my neck and raised her eyebrows.

"You and Zayn?" she giggled.

"Yes." I blushed. Don't ask me how she knew cause I don't even know.

"How long?" she asked.

"Since yesterday." I said.

"I'm so happy for you sweetie, but I bet Addison is pretty upset with you." she said.

"Ya she is. But mom. Zayn is 20, I'm gonna be 18 in a few months and Addison is 16. There is no way she could be with him. Besides he's loved me since the day we met." I explained.

"Oh honey I know. I would never let your sister date him." she said.

"Well I gotta go take a shower. Does Marcy need me right now?" I asked.

"Not right this minute but very soon." she said.

I ran to the bathroom and peeled my pajamas off and got in the shower. The warm water was relaxing against my chilly skin. I quickly rinsed my hair, washed my body, and jumped out. I pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and floral tank top. I decided to braid my hair and just go to the studio. So I grabbed my keys out of the bowl and opened the garage door.