Chapter 38 -- A New Single

--August

Lola's P.O.V.

The twins and I had really enjoyed our trip. We only stayed for 5 days but it was awesome. We went snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, rode mopeds around the island and tons of other fun things. When we got back I had got some pretty important news.

First Morning Home

I woke up late in the afternoon because the twins and I had got in late from our flight. I ran to Emma’s room because I wanted to tell her all about my trip but when I reached her room, I was confused. Her room was completely empty, besides the bed and the bedding. All her stuff was gone, including pictures, clothes, everything.

I ran down the stairs to find my mom and dad in the living room.

“Well well look who is finally up.” my dad joked.

“We missed you Lo.” my mom said as I sat between them.

“Mom, where is Emma?” I asked.

My mom looked at me for a while and then sighed.

“She moved out honey.” she said putting her hand on my shoulder.

“Whhh-at? Wh-yy?” I stuttered.

“Justin had asked her to move in with him and she did.”

“She didn’t even bother waiting until I got home so I could say goodbye!?” I asked.

“She knew you would fight and try to stop her so she moved out while you were gone.” she explained.

A few tears rolled my cheeks. It saddened me knowing that my best friend in the whole world chose her boyfriend over me. She’s only known him for six months. I’ve known her since I was five.

My phone started ringing and it really startled me.

“Hello?” I said into my phone.

“Hello darling. How was your vacay?”

“Hi Marcy. It was amazing. Thanks for asking.”

“Of course. So I was wondering if you could come into the studio and record a new song? I was thinking we need a new hit for you.”

“Ya that would be great. I just need to shower and I’ll be right over.”

“Alright see you soon sweetheart. Love you.”

“Love you too.” and I ended the call.

“Who was that sweetie?” asked my dad.

“It was Marcy, she wants me to come into the studio and record a new song.” I smiled.

“That’s great sweetheart.” my mom smiled.

“I need to go get ready.” I said running up the stairs.

I rushed upstairs to my room and looked out my window. It was a bright and sunny day, beginning of August, so I knew it was going to be pretty hot. I jumped in the shower and then dressed myself in a pair of denim shorts and cute tank top. I braided my hair and then ran back downstairs to grab an apple. Within seconds I was out the door and driving to the studio.

“Well hello. I haven’t seen your pretty face in a while.” Marcy said pulling me into a hug.

“I know! It feels like its been forever!” I giggled.

“Alright, so I brought you here because I had a new song written for you.” she smiled.

“I’m excited.” I giggled.

“It’s called Made in the USA and I would like you to read through the lyrics, then we’ll play the tune and add your voice.” she said.

“Sounds good.”

I ended up being at the studio all day working on this new song. I knew it was gonna sound amazing when it was all done.

“Alright so we’re gonna run through the final version and we’re gonna have it playing on the radio by tomorrow. Also we’re going to be promoting a song from your album as well. We chose to promote Heart Attack from Roses Are Red and we’re gonna turn it into a music video as well.”

“That sounds incredible. I can’t wait.” I smiled.

“It won’t be for a few weeks because we want to promote this song for now.” she explained. “So let’s listen to how this went.”

The music started playing and then I heard my voice.

Our love runs deep like a chevy, If you fall I'll fall with you baby.
Cause that's the way we like to do it, That's the way we like.
You run around open doors like a gentleman, Tell me girl every day you're my everything.
Cause that's the way you like to do it, That's the way you like.
Just a little West Coast, and a bit of sunshine. Hair blowing in the wind, losing track of time
Just you and I, just you and I. Woah, woah.
No matter how far we go, I want the whole world to know, I want you bad, and I wont have it any other way. No matter what the people say, I know that we'll never break, Cause our love was made, made in the USA, Made in the USA, yeah.
You always reading my mind like a letter. When I'm cold, you're there like a sweater.
Cause that's the way we like to do it, That's the way we like.
And never ever let the world get the best of you, Every night we're apart, I'm still next to you.
Cause that's the way I like to do it, That's the way I like.
We touch down on the east coast. Dinner in the sky rise, winter is the best time for walking in the city lights. You and I, you and I. Woah woah
No matter how far we go, I want the whole world to know, I want you bad, and I wont have it any other way. No matter what the people say, I know that we'll never break. Cause our love was made, made in the USA.
Cause baby I'll bite the bullet, And take the blow for love.
Woahhhh, our love was made in the USA, Made in the USA, made in the USA
No matter how far we go, I want the whole world to know, I want you bad, and I wont have it any other way. No matter what the people say, I know that we'll never break.
Cause our love was made, made in the USA, Made in the USA, yeah
Made in the U.S. Made in the U.S. Made in the U.S.A.”

“Wow that sounded amazing Lo. That was awesome.” Marcy smiled.

“Thanks. Did it really sound good?” I laughed.

“Yes sweetie! It was awesome! Can’t wait to here it on the radio!” she giggled.

I hugged her and then she pulled away. “Its pretty late and I bet you’re tired. You’ve been here over seven hours, so go home and expect to hear your new song on the radio sometime.”

“Alright bye Marcy. Thanks again.” I said as I walked out of the studio and to my car.