Chapter 26 -- Together Again

Lola's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sun shining in my face and Zayn’s arms wrapped around me. I slowly turned to face him and he was making a cute whistling noise through his nose. I grabbed my phone from my dresser and checked the time.

“12:30! Holy shit!” I said to myself. I jumped off my bed and put Zayn’s shirt on and then I crawled on top of him to wake him up.

“Zayynnnn.” I cried, squinting my eyes as the afternoon sun filled my room. My fingers lightly drawing shapes on the bare skin of his back and also tracing over his tattoos.

“Mmmm.” he mumbled. He turned the other way causing me to roll off of him and on to the floor.

“Oh you’re so going to pay for that Malik.” I said.

I heard a light chuckle from him as I walked towards my bathroom. I grabbed a cup and filled it with water and then I headed back to my bed and Zayn wasn’t there.

“Now what were you gonna do with that?” he said, creeping up behind me.

I jumped and placed my hand over my heart “Oh my gosh. You scared me so bad.”

“That wouldn’t have been very nice.” he said and grabbed the cup of water.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and stared into his eyes “I’m sorry.”

He smiled at me and kissed me gently. He then grabbed the sleeve of my shirt and chuckled.

“Now I know where my shirt went.” he laughed.

“Sorry. It was the first thing I grabbed.” I ripped it off and threw his shirt back at him revealing my leopard print bra and I walked to my dresser and pulled out a tank top. I turned back to him and he was pulling his jeans over his boxers and then he started slipping his shirt on and I stopped him.

“Don’t put your shirt on.” I said putting my hands on his chest and kissed him lightly. “Come on, let’s go downstairs.”

When Zayn and I reached the kitchen we were greeted by my parents. My dad was sitting at the island reading his newspaper and my mom was making lunch.

“Lo, you’re finally awake!” my mom smiled.

I walked towards her and gave her a hug.

“How are those bruises feeling honey?” my dad asked as he was sitting in the living room. He was reading his normal morning paper.

“They hurt really bad but I think they might be going away a tad.” I said.

“It’s so nice to see you again Zayn.” my mom said.

“You too.” he smiled.

“So I take it that the two of you worked everything out?” she asked.

“Yes mom we did.” I laughed.

“Wonderful.” she giggled.

“Mom, is Emma home?” I asked while taking a bite out of an apple.

“No she’s not and put that down. Can’t you see I’m making lunch.” she chuckled.

“Excuse me.” I laughed.

I walked over to the table and Zayn followed me. My mom then placed two plates in front of us and we dug in. Vera suddenly appeared around the corner and gave me a cheeky smile.

“Hi sis.” she said and hugged me. “Hey Zayn.”

“Hi Vera.” we both said.

She sat down next to me and picked at my lunch.

“So, Vera. I was thinking we could take that vacation soon. You have one month of summer break left and I want to take you somewhere.” I said.

“Punta Cana.” she blurted out.

“You wanna go to the Dominican Republic?” I asked.

“Ya it's so beautiful there.” she laughed.

“Alright where ever you want to go.” I smiled.

“I’m so excited.” she giggled.

“I’ll go check some flights and hotels.” I said.

I pushed my chair back and ran upstairs. When I got to my room, I grabbed my laptop from my dresser and sat down on my bed. Zayn quietly walked in and sat down next to me. He held his arms open for me and I cuddled close to him.

“So do I get to come on this vacation?” he asked and kissed my neck.

“Babe, it’s a girls vacation.” I said.

“Lo, we’ve only been back together for a day after being separated for a month and a half.” he whined.

“Babe, I know but I promised Vera I would take her on a vacation. Just the two of us.” I said.

He looked at me with puppy dog eyes and I instantly felt guilty.

“Zayn don’t do that to me.” I said and stood in front of my mirror. I grabbed a rubber band and put my hair up.

“I want you to go but I want to spend some time with you.” he said and wrapped his arms around me.

“Well I don’t have to leave tomorrow. I can leave next week, next month, who knows when.” I explained.

“Alright. How about we go out tonight?” he suggested.

“I like the sound of that.” I smiled.

We walked back downstairs and headed towards the door.

“I better be going. I’ll pick you up around 5.” he said.

“Sounds good.” I smiled.

He pulled me close and kissed me slowly.

“I love you Lola.” he said as his forehead was pressed to mine.

“I love you Zayn.” I smiled.