Chapter 31 -- Safe At Last

Lola's P.O.V.

This scene looked awfully familiar. My parents sitting by my beside crying, hoping for me to wake up, and Zayn leaning in the corner, trying to control his tears. No matter how much of a Bradford Bad Boi he is, he can't control his tears. On the other side of me are machines and of course I'm hooked up to them. I can hear my parents talking. I can also hear an Irish accent, of course it was Niall. I hear Niall, and the rest of the lads talking to Zayn in the corner, trying to help him through this, when they're just as upset as he is. Emma, Justin, Mads, and Vera are sitting in the other corner on the couch. Man I have a big hospital room. I forgot I'm always put into a hospital suite, because I'm a celebrity and apparently I deserve better rooming than any other patient. I think that's wrong. I would be perfectly fine with sharing a room with another patient, but no the hospital insists that I have my own room. Waking up is always the hardest. I want to wake up but my mind keeps me in this unconscious stage. Even though I'm not awake, I can still see my family. Justin is holding on to Emma as she cries, and Mads is doing the same for Vera. My mom's hand was wrapped around my little hand and my dad was rubbing her shoulders. My eyes started fluttering open and I let out a huge breath of air. I forgot that I had oxygen things up my nose. I opened my eyes and grasped my moms hand tightly. My breathing increased because it was hard at first. She looked at me and jumped.

"Lola! You're awake!" she cried.

I watched as everyone flew on to their feet. Zayn ran over with Vera and Emma following. He walked around to my right side and grabbed my hand. The lads were at the end of my bed along with Mads, Vera, and Emma. Justin had ran to get a nurse.

"Oh Lola, we're so happy you're okay." my mom said and kissed my forehead.

"Ow mom. Be careful please. How long have I been sleeping?"

"About three days." Vera said.

I sighed.

My dad pushed back my hair and smiled at me. "How's my little girl?"

"I've been better." This made everyone chuckle and my lips turned into a smile.

"What happened to Lance?" I asked.

"The police shot him." Niall blurted out

Tears filled my eyes and I started crying. I knew everyone was looking at me weird, but they didn't understand the reason I was crying.

"Honey, why are you crying?" asked my mom.

"I'm just so happy he can't hurt me anymore." 

"Aww sweetie." my mom said and hugged me.

Eventually Justin came back with the nurse and doctor.

"Well hello again Ms. Evans."

"Hey Dr. Vasquez."

"You seem to be doing fine. I stitched up the gash on your thigh and everything else seems to be okay. You're body is very swollen and you do have a couple broken ribs. The swelling and bruising will go down eventually, but for about two weeks I want you to take it easy. No vigorous exercise and no crazy mountain biking trips or anything.

"Yes ma'am." I said and she walked out.

"Honey, we're gonna go down to the food court." my dad said. Him, my mom, Vera, Mads, Justin, and Emma all exited my room.

"We're going to go as well Lo." Harry said.

"Alright bye guys." I waved. They left my room and it was just me and Zayn. I looked up at him and he was staring at me and his beautiful brown eyes were filled with tears. I moved, and let out a moan because it was so hard to move. He laid down next to me and held me tightly. 

"Lo, I feel so guilty." he whispered.

"Why?"

"I didn't protect you. I told you I would and I let you down. Again."

"Zayn, Lance was messed up. No matter what you did, there was no way you could keep me safe until he was dead."

I grabbed his hand and studied it. He had cuts and bruises on them. I looked at him and saw the gash on his eye.

"Babe, what happened?" I asked stroking over it.

"Before Lance ran back in the house I saw him and attacked him. We got into a fight and thats how this happened."

"I'm sorry."

"Why would you apologize?"

"Because I had such a psycho ex-boyfriend. I'm such a bad girlfriend."

"Lola don't ever say you're a bad girlfriend. You're the best girlfriend a guy could have."

I stared into his eyes and used my finger to motion for him to come closer. He leaned closer to me and I kissed him. He kissed me softly, making sure not to put too much pressure on my face. I then pulled the covers up over our heads and he let out a small chuckle. I looked at him and kissed the gash under his eye. He stroked my cheek and we started kissing again.

I suddenly felt a light tickle on my foot, and I let out a small squeal. I pulled the covers down so only my eyes were visible. 

"Hey remember us." Louis laughed.

I laughed and pulled the covers down and saw the boys standing near the end of my bed. Zayn got up and he was soon replaced by Niall.

I wrapped my arms around him and he nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck.

"I'm so glad you're okay." he whispered.

"So am I."

He got up and then Harry cuddled close to me. Then Liam laid next to me, and finally Louis. Louis was like a big brother to me. He kinda replaced Finn in a way.

"We were so worried Lola." he admitted.

"I'm sorry I worried you guys, but you don't need to worry anymore. I'm okay." I smiled and nuzzled his hair.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a tall figure standing in my doorway. Louis got up and I looked over. My eyes filled with tears when I realized who it was. 

"How's my little sis?"

"I've been better." I laughed.

He walked over and hugged me tightly.

"I've missed you so much Finn."

"I've missed you too Lola. I'm sorry I haven't visited as much."

"I guess I can forgive you this one time."

He laughed and sat down next to me. The boys left so I could have some time with my brother. Before leaving, Zayn placed a light kiss on my forehead and shut the door behind him.

"I'm sorry I was never there for you Lo." he said.

I looked at him and shook my head. 

"Finn, you have nothing to be sorry for. You were away and that was more important."

"Nothing is more important than protecting my sister. Which is something I never did."

"Please don't say that Finn. I had Zayn, the other lads, and dad to protect me."

"Ya but none of them did. They all let you slip away."

"Why are you acting like this? Its not their fault that Lance kidnapped me. No one could have stopped him."

"Lo, I'm not so sure that Zayn is the right guy for you. Ya he obviously cares for you but I feel like he just brings you down."

"What the hell Finn?! You don't even know him! How can you say he brings me down?! I haven't been this happy in a long time! Lance is the one who brought me down!" I screamed.

I suddenly found myself not being able to breath and I felt a lot of pain.

I found my eyes closing on me as I heard the machine next to me beeping like crazy.

The nurse and doctor ran in and told my brother to step out. Then my parents and Zayn rushed in and they had to stay in the back of the room.