Chapter 33 -- Home is Where the Heart Is

Lola’s P.O.V.

As we pulled into the driveway, I could see smoke coming from the backyard. My first thought was that the house was on fire. 

“Mom! Dad! The house is on fire!” I screamed.

“Honey calm down. Everything is okay.” they said reassuring me.

Zayn grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly. I gave him unsure look and he smiled at me.

“Stop.” I said firmly and then started laughing.

“Come on Lo. Everything is fine.”

“You guys all know something and you’re not telling me.”

My dad put the car in park and Zayn slowly helped me out of the car. As soon as I stepped out of the car, Emma ran towards me, linked her arm with mine, and we ran to the backyard. I gapsed when I realized that my family and friends had thrown me a welcoming home party.

“Welcome home Lola!” they all said. Niall came running towards me with his arms open and I hugged him tightly.

“We’re so happy you’re home.” he whispered in my ear.

I pulled away from him and stared him in the eyes. 

“I’m glad to be home as well.” I smiled.

The rest of the boys came towards and hugged me tightly.

I walked to one of the tables in the middle of the yard and sat down. Everyone was mingling, when someone came up behind me and sat down.

“Hey sis.”

“Hi Finn.”

“I just want to apologize for how I acted. It was wrong of me to say Zayn wasn’t good enough for you.”

I sighed and put my hand on his cheek “I can’t stay mad at you. You’re my older brother and I love you, so I forgive you.”

He leaned forward and hugged me.

“Lola, we have one more surprise for you.” my mom said.

I turned around to face my mom and a figure appeared from the corner. This girl had short dark brown hair and she was wearing a floral dress. It took me a second to realize who it was. It was Addison. 

She walked closer to me and I stood up.

“Hey Lola.” she said.

I smiled at her and she ran towards me. I opened my arms and caught her.

“I’m so sorry for everything Lola. I love you so much and I’m so sorry.” she cried.

I hugged her tightly as tears fell down my cheeks on to her bare shoulders.

“I love you too Addison.” I whispered in her ear.

We broke apart from our hug and then Vera came over and hugged the both of us.

“I’m so sorry for the way I treated you both. You two are my sisters and you both mean so much to me.” she cried.

Vera smiled “We love you Addison. We always have.” 

I looked at Zayn and motioned for him to come over. He walked next to me and put his arm around me.

“Zayn, I would like to apologize to you as well. It was terrible and so wrong of me to kiss you and to break you and Lola up. You two are made for one another and I know you both love each other more than words can explain.”

I looked at Zayn and he smiled at me.

“I forgive you Addison.” he said.

For the next couple of hours my family, my friends, and I all enjoyed my homecoming. It was amazing to see how much Addison changed. She was like a new person. Around 8, my family and I said goodbye to Finn and he headed back home to PA. Zayn had been acting weird the whole day. It was like he had a secret and didn’t want to tell me.

Zayn’s P.O.V

It makes me so happy to see Lola smiling again. I don’t know how I’m going to break it to her that I have to go back to the UK to finish our tour. Her heart is going to break. As Lola and her family walked Finn out to his car to say goodbye, the lads and I gathered together.

“Lads, how am I supposed to tell Lola that we are leaving? She is going to be heart broken.”

“You’re going to have to tell her eventually. We leave in a week.” Niall said.

“Zayn she’ll understand. Maybe she can fly over to the UK and see us.” Liam suggested.

“Ya maybe she can. She’s leaving for the Dominican when we leave so hopefully the trip will take her mind off of us leaving.”

I sighed and Harry put his hand on my shoulder.

“She’ll be okay Zayn. She may not look like it on the outside, but she is a very strong girl.” he reassured me.

I looked over my shoulder and watched as Lola threw her head back in laughter and she clapped her hands together.