Chapter 35 -- Nothing Like Us

Zayn’s P.O.V.

The lads and I ran off stage and my eyes locked on Lola. She turned and started running out of the arena.

“Lola!” I called. I had never seen her run as fast as she was now. I tried running after her but the lads and Paul held me back.

“Let her go Zayn, she needs a break.” Paul said patting my shoulder.

“No. I need to be with her.” I said and ran after her. I weaved in and out of the people behind stage and tried keeping my eyes on Lola but she was just running so fast. I saw her run out the door and by the time I got out the door she was gone. I didn’t know which way she went. I slowly walked back to the bus and all the lads were waiting for me.

“Lads, I have no idea where she went.” I said. Worry filling my mind.

“Don’t worry Zayn, she’ll be fine.” Harry reassured me.

The bus started and we started driving back to our flat. Instead of going back to our flat, I asked the driver to take us to Lola’s house, she’ll have to come home eventually.

Lola’s P.O.V.

I eventually made it to the pier and I just sat down at the end. I kicked my combat boots off and let my feet dangle over the side. The sound of the waves crashing against the pier was calming. I can’t believe how much of an idiot I made myself out to be. I just ran away from my boyfriend after he dedicated a song to me. The news of him leaving just took over my mind. I hate losing him. We have such a strong connection, that when he is gone, I feel like something is missing and I don’t feel normal until he is by my side. I gathered my boots together and started my walk home. Its only about 2 blocks from my house so I took my time and relaxed. The wind blew on my tear stained cheeks and blew my hair around. I checked the time on my phone and saw I had been out longer then I thought, and I also had 5 missed calls. About a half an hour later I finally made it back to my house. Opening the front door, I saw each of the boys standing in the living room. Their backs were turned to me, so I slammed the door shut making them jump and turn around.

“Lola!” they all called out. 

I walked towards them and stood in the doorway of the kitchen with my arms crossed.

“Lola we were so worried about you.” Niall said leaning in for a hug. He wrapped his arms around me but I didn't show any affection back.

“Lola, are you really that mad?”

“I’m not mad, I’m just hurt. Its just, we’re all so close and I hate when you guys leave.” I explained. “I love how you dedicated the song to me, but I wish you would have told me before hand.”

“We’re sorry Lo.” Harry said leaning in for a hug. Liam followed, and so did Louis. Zayn was leaning up against the wall with his arms crossed, looking like the bad boy that he is.

“Well we’re gonna head out. We just wanted to make sure you were alright.” Louis said and kissed the top of my head.

“Okay, bye guys.” I said and smiled.

As the boys headed out the door, Zayn stayed behind. His eyes were glued to me as I walked up to my bedroom, and he was right on my heels.

“You’re gonna have to talk to me at some point.” he said closing my door.

I sighed as I pulled out a pair of sweatpants from my drawer.

“What do you want me to say Zayn? That I’m happy that you’re leaving?”

“I don’t expect you to be happy. I see how much my leaving hurts you.”

“Zayn, I understand that you have to go, its your job, but you told me no more touring for a while.”

“I didn’t want to upset you sweetheart. You were already in so much pain, that I didn’t want to cause more.”

I walked over to my suitcases that were set by my door, stuffing in another pair of shorts. Addison, Vera, and I are leaving for the Dominican tomorrow.

I brushed past Zayn, heading towards my bathroom, when he grabbed my wrist, and pulled me into his chest. Our bodies were touching and I could feel his hot breath on my face. His brown eyes met my slightly wet blue eyes. He stared into my eyes which felt like forever and he then crashed his lips on mine and I gripped his hair with my other hand. He then rested his hands on my bum, and I jumped up, wrapping my legs around his waist. He slowly walked to the bed and laid me down on my back. He stripped his shirt off and then slowly started unzipping my hoodie, throwing it across the room. I unbuttoned his jeans and then pulled the zipper down, leaving him in his boxers. Eventually, all our clothing was off and it was only our bare bodies touching. Zayn was on top of me, resting his weight on his elbows so he didn’t crush me. He stared at me and kissed my forehead.

I then put my hand on the back of his neck.

“Zayn I need you.” I said desperately.

Obeying my plead, Zayn finally made love to me. This time was so much better than the first. I actually knew what to expect and the pain was replaced with pleasure.

After finishing, Zayn laid down next to me and pulled me close. I placed on my head on his bare chest and he stroked my cheek.

“I’m going to miss you so much Lo.” he whispered.

I looked up at him and pecked his lips.

“I’m really gonna miss you too.”

He sighed and looked at me. “I have to leave pretty early, so I’m gonna say goodbye to you tonight.”

“Will you stay with me until I fall asleep?” I asked, grabbing his hand.

“Of course. Close those pretty eyes of yours, and pick a song.” he said.

“Alright. Um Change My Mind.”

“Good choice. Alright get comfy.”

I moved closer to Zayn, wrapping my arms around his body, and wrapping my legs with his. I closed my eyes and he instantly starting humming to me.

“Zayn wait.” I said.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

I sat up and put my hand under his chin pulling him forward. I gave him a passionate kiss and he returned it. 

“I love you.” I smiled.

“I love you too.” he said and kissed me again. 

I laid back down and got comfy. Zayn started humming again and stroking my hair and I found my eyes slowly staring to close.

Zayn’s P.O.V.

I groaned to myself as I heard my alarm go off. I quickly shut it off, hoping it wouldn’t wake Lola. I looked to my side and thankfully she had rolled in her sleep and I wouldn’t have to wake her up so I could actually get up. I leaned down and kissed her cheek one last time before collecting my clothes and heading out. Leaving her is defiantly one of the hardest things I have to do. I called a taxi and in a short time it was outside Lola’s house waiting for me. It brought me back to the loft and I was greeted by the other lads.

“Hey man.” Niall said as I walked in.

“Looks like you had some fun last night.” Harry chuckled.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“Check out the scratches up and down your back and chest mate.” Louis laughed.

I walked over to the mirror and sure enough the lads were right. I hadn’t put my shirt on and didn’t even realize what Lola had done to me. Personally I thought it was pretty hot, it kinda marked me as her’s.

“Paul’s waiting for us outside, so let’s get going lads.” Liam said.

The lads and I grabbed all their stuff and ran out to the car to meet Paul, but before I stepped out of the door, I ran back to my room and grabbed my favorite framed picture of Lola off my dresser.