Chapter 9 -- He Finally Asked

Lola's P.O.V.

I grabbed the first thing on my dresser and chucked it across the room. Thankfully it was just a stuffed animal and it couldn't do any damage. I looked at myself and wondered. What did Addison have that I didn’t? Why did Zayn like being around her but not me? Why am I doing this? It doesn’t matter. I then heard a knock on my door and voice.

“Lo, can I come in?” I heard the familiar voice ask.

I pondered for a minute before deciding to open my door. As soon as I opened my door, I saw his sweet face leaning against the door frame.

“Come on.” I said walking towards the bed. He followed me and sat down next to me.

“What’s wrong?” he asked while putting his hand on my leg.

“I don’t understand why you let Addison do that. If you like her just ask her out already. I’m tired of trying to figure out if you like me or not.” I said and threw my arms up. He looked at me with a shocked look.

“You’re trying to figure out if I like you or not? Lola, you should know that I like you. How do you not see it?” he asked.

“I don’t know. I just thought that if you like me you would have asked me out or something.” I said looking shyly into his eyes.

This made him chuckle and it made me angry.

“It’s not funny!” I shouted.

“Okay okay. I’m sorry.” he said.

I crossed my arms and stared at him for a while.

“Lola, I’ve been trying to figure out if you feel the same about me this whole entire time that I’ve known you.” he said.

I stared into his chocolate brown orbs for a long time and sighed.

“It’s just.” I started. “I’m afraid of falling in love. Lance hurt me so much and I’m just afraid of feeling that way again. I can’t be hurt again. How can I love when I’m afraid to fall again?”

Zayn stroked the side of my cheek and kissed my forehead. He then  looked down at my hands and held them tightly.

“I will never hurt you like he did and I could never treat you like he did. You mean so much to me and I would never break your heart. No ones made me feel like you do Lola.” he said.

I smiled as he pulled me close and I wrapped my arms around him. He looked down at me.

“It’s like you read my mind or something. I was planning on asking you today.” he said.

“Asking me what?” I said, trying to playing dumb.

“Do you want to go out tonight? Go see a movie or something?” he asked as he played with my hands.

“Ugh I thought you would never ask.” I laughed and threw my arms around his neck.

He leaned towards me and kissed my forehead.

“Remember I said I wouldn’t kiss you until you gave me permission?” he asked.

“Yes I remember.” I laughed. He pulled me close and I nestled my head into the crook of his neck. He then stroked my hair and kissed me on the top of my head.

“Come on. Let’s go downstairs.” he said and took my hand.

“Okay.” I laughed.

We walked back downstairs and we found Emma and Addison wrestling and screaming on the floor.

“What is going on!?” I asked running towards them. I grabbed Addison and Zayn grabbed Emma.

“What are you two doing?” I screamed as Addison pushed herself off of me.