Chapter 43 -- You Didn't Mean It

Lola’s P.O.V

I pulled into the parking lot across from the beach and watched the ocean. After everything Zayn and I have been through, he decides to push me. It crushed me. I just sat in my car and thought for a while. I needed a break from everything. I was becoming so stressed out. I dialed Marcy’s number and asked if we could work on some new songs my producers had written and she said absolutely. I drove to the studio and tried to push Zayn out of my mind.

30 mins later....

“Hello Lola!” Marcy said as I walked in the door. She walked towards me and gave me a big hug. “How are you?”

“I’m okay. I just needed to get my mind off of a few things, and I just thought that recording some new songs would help.” I smiled.

“Well you were right. Let’s get you set up, so head in the sound booth and we’ll start.” she smiled. “Oh and Lola, Cher Lloyd is in the building and she said she would like to sing with you, so one of the songs is going to be a duet.”

“Sounds great!” I smiled.

Marcy showed me the lyrics to my 2 new songs called “Warrior & I Really Don’t Care”

After singing Warrior for a while, Cher showed up and we sang Really Don’t Care together. I was really in the mood so I decided to sing and record both songs. I was excited to have a new single on the radio.

“So after 6 hours of recording, let’s see how these went.” Marcy smiled.

We started with Warrior :

This is a story that I've never told, I gotta get this off my chest to let it go.

I need to take back the light inside you stole. You're a criminal, And you steal like you're a pro. All the pain and the truth, I wear like a battle wound. So ashamed so confused, I was broken and bruised. Now I'm a warrior, Now I've got thicker skin. I'm a warrior, I'm stronger than I’ve ever been.

And my armor, is made of steel, you cant get in. I'm a warrior, And you can never hurt me again.

Out of the ashes, I'm burning like a fire. You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar.

I've got shame, I've got scars, That I'll never show. I'm a survivor, in more ways than you know.

Cause all the pain and the truth, I wear like a battle wound. So ashamed so confused, I'm not broken, or bruised. Now I'm a warrior, Now I've got thicker skin. I'm a warrior, I'm stronger than I've ever been. And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in. I'm a warrior, And you can never hurt me again. There's a part of me I can't get back, A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once, I'll never be the same. Now I'm taking back my life today, Nothing left that you can say. Cause you were never gonna take the blame anyway.

Now I'm a warrior, Now I've got thicker skin. I'm a warrior, I'm stronger than I've ever been. And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in. I'm a warrior, And you can never hurt me again. Nooo oooh yeaaah yeaah, You can never hurt me again.”

“That was amazing Lola.” Marcy said.

“Thank you so much. It sounds so good.” I smiled.

“Let me go grab Cher and we can listen to the next song.”

Cher was in the room across from recording some new songs so Marcy went and got her.

“Hey Cher.” I said.

“Hello love. I’m ready to hear the new song.” she smiled.

“I am too.” I giggled.

“Here we go ladies.” Marcy sad.