Chapter 6 -- The Realization

Emma’s P.O.V

“Lads I had so much. Thanks for bringing me back to the hotel.” I said while sliding the card through my door.

“We had fun too Em!” Niall said.

“Zayn I’m sorry you’re not feeling well.” I said.

“It’s alright.” he replied quietly.

I hugged each of the boys goodbye and they headed to their room. Surprisingly we were staying at the same hotel. As I was opening the door I got a cute text from Justin. You would think I would have liked one of the lads but Justin was different. There was something about him that was so irresistible . 

I opened the door and peered in the room. 

“Lo?” I said. I walked farther into the room and that’s when I saw her.  She was just kneeling down on the floor holding her cheek. She looked down at her hand and saw some blood. “Oh my gosh! Lola!” I screamed. 

I ran to her and lifted her head up. She looked at me and sighed.

“Lola, what happened?” I asked.

“I’m such a clutz. I was walking and I tripped on my luggage and I went to catch my fall and I hit my face on the corner of the bed and then fell. It’s nothing.” she explained.

I stroked her cheek and sighed.

“Lola, it doesn’t look like nothing.” I said.

She starred into my eyes before I opened my mouth again.

“Did Lance hit you? Again?” I asked.

“No he didn’t touch me. He’s never hit me Emma!” she shouted.

“Okay okay. Let’s just go to the doctors and get it checked out..” I explained.

Lola’s P.O.V.

I soon found myself at the doctors. Doctor Vasquez told me it was just a deep cut. Thank goodness.

“Lola, Justin and I are going to the cafeteria.” she explained. I watched as she linked her arm with Justin’s and they walked down the hall.

 Gahh why does she always assume Lance does this to me? I mean he does but it's my fault. He always gets frustrated with me so I would understand why he would hit me. It was my fault. Not his.

I closed my eyes for a little bit when I suddenly heard a knock on my door. I opened my eyes to see Lance standing in the doorway with a bouquet of roses in his hands. I turned my back to him and pulled the covers up to my chin. He walked over to face me and got down so he could look into my eyes.

“I’m really sorry sweetie.” he said while setting the flowers down.

I just stared at him with hurt in my eyes.

“I know I have no excuse for hitting you. I know you would never cheat on me either and I’m sorry for creating such a bruise on your face.” he said. 

“So its okay for you to fuck another girl but when I dance with one guy, you think it's okay to beat me up?” I yelled in a whisper.

“NO! I’m sorry for that girl. She means nothing to me. You’re my whole world.” he said and started stroking my cheek.

He leaned close to me and kissed my lips. I guess I could forgive him. I mean it was an accident.

I fell asleep and Lance fell asleep on the couch next to me. The doctor came in the morning and told me I was all set to leave. Lance lead me to his car and Emma followed close behind, but the doctor stopped her before she left.

Emma’s P.O.V

I was following Lance and Lola to the car when suddenly I felt a tug on my arm. I turned around and Doctor Vasquez was holding on to my arm.

“Emma, could I speak with you.” she asked.

“Of course doctor. What is it?” I questioned.

“Those bruises that Lola has on her face are not caused from a fall. Someone intentionally hit her and caused those bruises. She either can’t remember or she’s lying to cover someones actions.” the doctor explained.

I stared at the ground for a little bit, taking in what the doctor told me.

“Why would she lie?” I asked.

“Has her boyfriend hurt her before? Is he abusive?” she asked.

I thought again for a while. There was this one time that she “fell” down the stairs and broke her arm, but I don’t think Lance would go to the extreme of pushing her down the stairs. Then there was that one time her whole left side of her face was bruised. No, Lance would never hurt her.

“I don’t think so, but I’ll keep an eye on them.” I smiled.

I walked outside to the car and Lance drove us back to the hotel.

Lola’s P.O.V

We got to the hotel and Lance dropped Emma and I off and said he was heading home soon but needed to take a drive. He didn’t even give me a kiss goodbye. Whatever. We walked upstairs to our room and Emma forcefully shut the door.

“Lola. We need to talk.” she said sternly.

“Talk about what?” I asked.

“You need to stop lying to me.” she said.

“Lying about what?” I asked.

“I know Lance hit you and I know he has been the one causing all your injuries this past year.” she explained.

“You’re wrong Emma!” I yelled.

“No I’m not! Even the doctor knew! She knew there was no way that could have happened to your face if you fell!  He hit you didn’t he?!” she screamed.

By this time my eyes were filled with tears and they were pouring down my face.

“Alright he did! Are you happy? He has been hurting me!” I screamed. 

I sat down on my bed and put my head in my lap. Emma sat next to me and rubbed my back. She  then put her arms around me and pulled me close.

“Why are you still with him?” she asked.

“When he first hurt me, I thought I still loved him and he just hit me on accident. He said sorry and promised to never do it again and then he did. I realized by the 5th time that I didn’t love him anymore and I needed to end things. Last night I came back and he was in my bed fucking some skank and I told him we were over and that's when he hit me. He said we weren’t over until he said we were.” I explained. Tears kept falling down my cheeks and I was sniffling like crazy.

“You need to end things right now. You can’t be with someone like him. You are too beautiful and too talented to let someone like him bring you down.” she said.