Chapter 12 -- The Performance of a Lifetime

*1 week later*

Lola's P.O.V

Its been a week since Marcy told us about the event the boys and I were doing. Right now the boys and I are backstage waiting for our first performance.

"Are you ready for this sweetie?" Zayn asked me and grabbed my hands.

"Of course. Especially because you'll be by my side." I said. Zayn stared down at me because I was so much shorter and he kissed me.

"I see you have my necklace on." he smiled.

"Never take it off." I said and kissed him again.

"Now tonight we have some very amazing performers with us. They want to dedicate this to all the wives who have lost their husbands or their husbands are currently fighting in the war. Give it up for One Direction and Lola Evans everybody!" a war veteran announced.

The tune of Finally Found you started playing and the boys walked out first. They sang the first part of the song "You know I'm gon' get ya, yeah, Whatever it takes to, get there. No I won't drop you. Like everybody else does." they sang. I came out and sang the next part "Forget about your friends they don't care where we go if they do, we will get lost in a crowd of people, I've been looking for you forever baby we go Together baby we go, we go." Then we all came back together and sang "In this crazy world of choices I've only got a few. Either you're coming with me, or I'm coming with you. Cause I finally found, I finally found you, You never have to worry if what I say is true Girl I've been looking for you, And when I saw you I knew That I finally found, I finally found you." we sang. The boys sang the next part "I'm coming I'll get ya, yeah, We have a connection, that's right, Cause girl I'm not letting go I'm gonna make you feel right, oh yea. Then I sang the next verse "Forget about your friends they don't care where we go If they do, we will get lost in a crowd of people, I've been looking for you forever baby we go Together baby we go, we go. Then we came back together again "In this crazy world of choices I've only got a few. Either you're coming with me, or I'm coming with you, Cause I finally found, I finally found you. You never have to worry if what I say is true, Girl I've been looking for you, And when I saw you I knew That I finally found, I finally found you."we sang.After that song was over I was brought back on the stage and I sang Diamonds and then Titanium. It was so exciting singing for a charity event.

"We just want to thank everyone for coming to this event. We also want to thank One Direction and the beautiful Lola Evans. Lola's father is actually a solider in the war. We want to thank you personally, so Lola can you come back out please?" Lieutenant Woods asked.

My heart stopped for a second as Lieutenant Woods asked me to come back out. I looked up at Zayn and he squeezed my hand lightly, and pushed me forward to walk out on stage.

"How are you sweetheart?"Lieutenant Woods asked.

"I'm good. I'm so happy to be able to sing for all these families and everybody here today." I smiled.

"Thanks for joining us. We want to give you something in return." he said.

I looked at Lt. Woods and then he walked away with me standing on stage all alone.

Zayn's P.O.V

I had no idea what was going on and I don't think Lola did either. Suddenly a man stressed in uniform walked from behind stage and covered Lola's eyes. I knew right there that the man standing there was her father.

Lola's P.O.V

I stood on stage by myself waiting for something to happen. Suddenly two hands covered my eyes and I kinda started freaking out because I didn't know what was going on. The hands dropped and I turned around and I couldn't believe who was standing in front of me.

"Dad!" I screamed while throwing myself into his arms. He picked me up so I was off the ground and he wrapped his arms around me. I buried my face into his shoulders. I literally heard the whole crowd aww and at this point I was balling my eyes out. Lt. Woods came back out and applauded for us and then the whole crowd applauded.

"Give it up for Sgt. Evans and his daughter Lola!" he said.

My dad, while still holding on to me, turned and waved to the crowd.

"Goodnight everyone. Thanks for coming out!" Lt. Woods said again.

Still holding on to my dad, he carried me off stage and then set me down and looked into my eyes.

"Dad what are you doing here?!" I asked as I wiped my eyes.

"My tour is over and I'm finally home for good." he said.

"You are?!" I screamed.

"Yes honey I am." he said and hugged me again.

I couldn't believe my dad was finally home. Well not technically home but with me.

"Dad I have some very important people I would like you to meet." I said and dragged him towards the boys.

"Dad these are my friends Liam, Harry, Niall, and Louis. And this is Zayn, my boyfriend." I said.

"Pleased to meet you all. Especially you Zayn." he smiled.

"Pleased to meet you as well sir." Zayn said and put his hand out.

"I like this guy so far Lo." my dad said and everyone laughed and I hugged him again.

We then all exited the auditorium and got into one massive car and headed straight for my house.

Zayn's P.O.V

It's so awesome to see Lola so happy. Her arm is wrapped around her dads and he has his arms wrapped around her. I stroked the back of her hair and she grabbed my hand and squeezed it. We finally pulled into Lola's driveway and an unfamiliar guy was standing next to Lola's mom and sisters in the driveway. Lola quickly got out and ran into the guys arms.