Chapter 23 -- Come Back To Me

Lola's P.O.V.

A few days later my parents decided to send my sister to my Aunt Sandy's house in Washington. My Aunt Sandy is one of the strictest people I know and if she can't get Addison to straighten up then I don't know who can.

A month and a half went by and Zayn called me everyday for a couple of weeks but I never picked up and he eventually stopped. I honestly didn't want to apologize over the phone. I wanted to talk to him in person. Lately I've been seeing pictures of him and tons of other girls on the cover of a bunch of tabloid magazines and this is only added to my problems.

"Honey, your father and I are leaving for the weekend and Vera is at Mad's house. Are you okay to stay by yourself?" my mom asked while walking down the stairs.

"Of course mom. I'll be fine. Besides Emma should be home in a few hours." I said. She then walked over to me and kissed my forehead.

"You know the boys tour ended today." she said.

"Ya I know mom. Doesn't change anything." I said and shrugged my shoulders.

"I know it doesn't sweetie, but maybe he'll come to Venice Beach and see you." she added.

"Who knows." I snapped.

There was an awkward silence and then my dad came stomping down the stairs.

"Ready to go hun?" he asked as he put his arm around my moms waist.

"Yes." she smiled and they walked to the door.

"Now I expect you two home at 12 pm clock sharp on Sunday." I commanded.

"Yes ma'am." my dad laughed and saluted.

After they left, I decided to watch some movies and make some popcorn. Such a loaner on a Friday night. Emma was so lucky that her and Justin had a perfect relationship. I used to think that Zayn and I did but I was so wrong. Around 10:30 I heard a noise from outside and the door opened, so I figured it was Emma and Justin.

"Hey Em!" I hollered. I waited for a response but she didn't answer.

"If you're trying to sneak up on me and scare me it's not going to work." I laughed.

I heard the door shut and I knew for sure she was home.

"Emma come on." I said.

Suddenly two hands were wrapped around my eyes. I felt them and they did not feel like girl hands. Maybe they were Justin's.

"Justin?" I asked.

"Wow already on another guy I see." I knew that voice from somewhere. I slowly turned around and saw Lance peering over at me.

"Lance! What are you doing here?" I asked in a panic.

He walked closer to me but I backed up.

"I heard about you and Zayn. I came here to be with you but obviously Justin is your man now." he snapped.

"Justin is Emma's boyfriend. Don't you remember?" I asked.

"Oh ya! That's right. So that means you're all mine." he smirked.

"I don't think so. Get the hell out of my house." I yelled.

"Oh come on Lo." he said as he reached for me.

"Stop! I still love Zayn!" I screamed. Suddenly his eyes went from sincere to pissed off.

"You still love that asshole after he kissed your sister?!" he screamed.

"He didn't kiss my sister! She kissed him! Besides he's a better man than you!" I hollered.

Within a blink of an eye, Lance pulled his fist back and punched me right in the mouth. I could taste the blood in my mouth and once I spat it out I knew things were gonna be worse.

"Don't you ever say he is a better man than me! You were mine and I love you more than him!" he screamed.

"Think what you want. Zayn is a better man! He doesn't hit girls! People don't abuse people they love!" I screamed.

I regretted what I said right away because Lance picked me up by my shoulders and threw me against the wall causing me to hit my head on the mirror behind me. The mirror shattered and glass went everywhere, including in my head. He then threw me against the coffee table and it caught my arm, causing a deep gash. Everytime I tried to get up and escape, he would throw punches at my body left and right. After a while my body went numb and I just laid on the floor and he still kicked my sides and arms and stepped on my hair. He then got down on his knees and close to my face and kissed my forehead. As he was kneeling near me he jumped up because he saw headlights pulling into the driveway. I heard him go out the back door and then the front door opened. My mind was totally blank and all I knew was that I was laying in my own blood.

Emma's P.O.V.

I decided to invite Justin to come over after to dinner to watch movies with Lola and I. I know Lola has been really depressed lately and it helps her take her mind off of Zayn when she has friends around. As we pulling into the driveway, I put my car in park and Justin walked over to my side and opened my door.

"Well thank you kind sir." I giggled.

"You're welcome my dear." he said and kissed my cheek.

We walked into the house and it was dark and I was surprised no lamps were on or anything. Maybe Lola had gone to bed. I walked into the living room to turn the lamp on and I stumbled over something on the ground and heard a weird sound. When I turned the lamp on I saw Lola laying on the floor in a pool of blood.

"Lola!!" I screamed.

I ran towards her and lifted her head into my lap. I dialed 911 and they were on their way. Justin rushed over and held her head while I talked to the paramedics.

"Oh my gosh! What happened to her?!" I screamed after hanging up.

"Lola! Lola, talk to me!" I screamed. Within 10 minutes the paramedics were here and taking over. They put Lola on to a stretcher and gave her an oxygen mask. I buried my face in Justin's chest as the paramedics told us to meet them at the hospital.