Waiting for a moment or two I grab the bag, and head back out, shutting the pantry door behind me, I turn around hand in the trail mix bag when a set of intense blue eyes collide with mine.

I scream, loud and high pitched, dropping the bag as the contents inside go spilling on the wooden floor.

“Holy shit. .” I breathe out, resting my hand on my chest as I leaves back against the door behind me.

“What are you doing down here?” Delano asks, standing un-phased, by the island counter.

Why do you keep doing that?” I say, pointing at his form before dropping my hand to my side.

“Kaitlyn. .”

I try to suppress the shiver that rushed through me by coughing, still breathing heavy, I straighten up giving him a ‘really’ glare.

“What else would a pregnant lady being doing in a kitchen at mid-night?” I counter sarcastically.

The sound of footsteps grab my attention to the entrance where both Abel and Eileesha appear, in comfortable attire.

“I heard a scream,” says Abel, “Something tells me it was due to Delano’s ugly mug?” he jokes.

Eileesha elbowed him in the side causing him to chuckle before she face forward again and her gaze flickered to me, her eyes devoid of any emotion. It sent a zap down my spine and I was the first to turn away, something in her aura always kept me on edge as if she was looking at me like a predator would his prey.

Delano sent Abel a chilling glare from the corner of his eye, and I began to wonder if the man had a death wish every time he fooled with Delano.

“No,” came Delano’s deep response. “It wasn’t.”

Abel crossed his arms, “If that’s the case then would you please keep it down,” he looked over at him next, “Some people are trying to sleep.”

And just as fast as they came they left, leaving me in a prison of silence with the brooding man just on the otter side of the island. Looking down at my feet, I see the contents of the trail mix still on the floor and I have the sudden urge to cry.

Blinking rapidly, I bend down, I start gathering the peanuts, m&m's, raisins and almonds in my; internally mourning of the lost of sweet goodness settling in my belly. The scuffing of shoes cause me to lift my head and spot Delano slowly making his way toward the exit.

I scramble to my feet, “Wait!” I call out, dumping the treats back in the back and setting them down on the counter near me.

His body goes rigid at the sound of my voice and he pauses in his steps, staying silent and looks at me over his shoulder.

I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, suddenly nervous. It isn’t easy asking your ‘kidnapper’ for something.

“Uh. . I was wondering if you could make set up an doctors appointment for me, somewhere.”

He turns his torso and slowly whirls around to face me fully. “Why?” his deep voice rumbled through me.

I place both my hands on my stomach, and tilt my head to the side, the corner of my lips tilting upwards. I don’t say nothing more as my hand to my belly speak volumes. His eyes drift down, lighting a flame in its wake as he stares at the slight bump seen through through the thin shirt.

Delano’s eyes held an a intense and dark look when they met more once more, rather than making me shake with fear, the look caused liquid heat to pool between my legs and throughout my body.

‘Damn hormones.’ I bit onto my bottom lip, my face blowing up red, while shifting on my feet.

His nostrils flared.

“Okay,” he says, tone deeper than before. “I’ll set one but it will be a month from now, until I have some things cleared.”

Not waiting for my response, he sound around and walked out, leaving me to stand alone. I release a shuddering breath, rubbing my thighs together. I was in need of new underwear.

•••
[ unedited ]

And world's worst author award go to... *drum rolls*

meeee! 😩😩👏👏 I'm sorry y'all! School is a pain but thanksgiving break is here we so hopefully quicker updates

P.s- thanks for 10k guys! Never thought this book would get much attention

P.p.s- please leave feedback about the book so I can feature it in the beginning in the book in the "Cast" section