His smile widens, the sound of his boots thumping along the wood as he strides over to a cabinet, grasping a white cup. He was wearing dark clothes, a grey beanie over his head only showing the front of his hair, a dark grey t-shirt, and dark jeans, his grey eyes topping it all off.

"You okay in here?" he asks, pouring himself some red liquid wine.

I nod, sitting up, and rubbing my palm over my forehead, "Yeah. . yeah, I'm fine just hungry." I mumble the last part.

"I got you," he said, taking another sip of his drink and moves toward the stove in front of me, twisting the knobs and shifts over to the far side of the room where the fridge was.

He moves with such grace I find myself looking down at his feet, watching, wondering how he does it.

"Do you want something specific?"

I look up when his feet disappear behind the counter, and see he has ingredients spread out in front of me on the counter-top. I scan over everything and settle for something simple.

"A spinach omelet, if you don't mind," I say, looking up into his warm silvery eyes.

"Of course!" he responds and grabs the things he needs, and turns around to the stove creating my meal.

The sizzling of the pan reaches my ears, and I sit in a silence watching as his arms moved when he flipped the omelet to the other side. I shift uncomfortably in my seat, clenching my hands in my lap, the feeling of being out of place was still there, It seemed as if only I was the one having trouble dealing with not talking; Abel seemed fine, humming to himself.

"How old are you?" I suddenly ask, wanting to get rid of the silence.

He pauses, and slowly turns his head to look over his shoulder, a grin spreading across his face.

(A/N: ^^ what I just visualized when I wrote that was so creepy it makes no sense 😂😂💀)

"Twenty-one," he answers, and I turn my lips to the side, gazing at his face.

He notices, "May I ask why such a question was asked?" he turns back around and grabs a plate from the cupboard in front of him.

"You look younger than I thought," I say out loud.

His chuckle vibrates through the air, as he once more, turns around and sets the plate before me, it held upon it the omelet that embedded green specs of spinach and fruits off to the side.

"Thank you," I say and I immediately dig in, with him watching me.

"So what about you," he starts, "How young are you?" his eyes twinkle.

I swallow the food in my mouth, running my tongue along the tops of my teeth before speaking, "You don't ask a woman her age." I voice with a laugh.

Abel raises both his hands and means back to a standing position. "My apologies, little human."

I purse my lips, and follow his form as he comes to sit next to me in the other barstool, "Why do you call me that?"

"Call you what?"

"Little human?"

The same grin as before stretches over his lips, "It seems fit." was all he said whilst he gazed at me.

I hum, eyeing him back before going back to eating, with his eyes blazing against the side of my face. Once I finished, I pushed the empty plate away from me and reach out to take a sip of the orange juice beside me.

"Do you mind if I feel again?" he asks out of the blue.

I twist my body towards him, and see his eyes gesturing toward my stomach, I set the cup down and move my legs to face him.

"Sure, I don't mind. ." my words fade when he immediately reaches out and cups my belly over my thin shirt.

"Amazing," he breathes out, feeling around, and I could see real amazement shining in his eyes.

The lighthearted mood was promptly interrupted by a dark growl, "Abel!"

My head snaps up and whips to the side to see Delano standing and brooding at the archway entrance his while throwing daggered glares at Abel and the hand that was on my stomach. For some reason, lean away from Abel a bit, clearing my throat at the uncomfortable feeling that resided in the air until I full shifted off the bar stool.

"G-Good Morning," I announce to him, his gaze cuts over to me, and the shade in his eyes lighten up a bit.

Abel's laugh results in him into looking away and back at him, his lips move fast as he mumbles something under his breath so low I didn't catch a single word. That same rumbling sound reverberates from deep in Delano's chest, the sound of an animal.

From Abel's laugh, I'm guessing he heard it, and I queried how come when Delano far away that not even I heard it. I frown at that.

•••
[ edited ]

Was listening to "A Thousand Miles" by Boyce Avenue , male version 💓 made me think of my crush 😂😂😂

Hoped you enjoyed! Please leave feedback, I'll be posting feedback to be featured in the description of the book