The room was built in a circle, shelves and shelves of books lined up covering every inch, in the center were lounge chairs and sofas fit to comfort one while reading. Stairs off to the right lead to another floor that was open and looking down below the bottom level with books against the walls all around.

I stood in awe at the threshold, enjoying the smell of fresh print the books were giving off.

"And this is the library," Kyri mumbled, coming to stand beside me, shoulder to shoulder. "Personally, this is my favorite room to come to," she comments.

My eyes flicker across every surface. "I can see why."

I step away from the door, and saunter forward, inside as the plush carpet tickling the bottom of my bare feet. We're both silent as I take in everything.

"Kyri."

I stiffen at the familiar deep voice, rumbling through me. I turn to where his voice came from along with Kyri to see Delano sitting in a chair, glasses hanging from the bridge of his nose, with a book in his hand.

"Oh! Delano, I didn't know you were going to be in here," Kyri says, still smiling, something about that smile told me she did.

All he does is stare at her blankly before his gaze shifts over to me, I avert my gaze to someplace else not wanting to meet his. A millisecond later, a sigh resonates with shuffling of movement.

"Go back to your room," he says, and I don't know who he was addressing it to.

I pinch my lips together when I see Kyri look at me from the corner of her eyes before turning them back forward, "But I was showing Kaitlyn arou—"

"—Now."

She was silent, face expressionless whilst she continued to stare forward, then she looked at me, nodding her head as she turns around and stalks towards the door. I take that as a sign to follow her, but his voice stops me.

"You, stay."

I stood frozen with my back to him, and watch as Kyri continues on her walk, never looking back besides to close the door. They shut with a bang! and I'm left alone with this man.

The silence was defying between us and the tension unbearable. He was the first to break it.

"About the other day. . ." Delano trailed off, "I didn't mean for what happened, but I did warn you." he states.

I immediately frowned, slowly turning towards him.

'Was he trying to apologize?' I thought, scoffing inwardly. 'It sure sucks.'

He stood from the chair to his full height, and I took that moment to examine him and his expression. He was wearing a plain white dress shirt with buttons down the middle, and the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, his hair seemed to run through from his fingers the glasses resting atop of his head; faded jeans fitted his lower half.

My eyes flicker across his face as he watched me and I watched him, registering his words.

"When did you ever warn me about you biting me?" I finally said, emphasizing a few words.

Delano's jaw locks, while his eyes harden. But he doesn't say anything. I sigh, feeling drained, I shift a bit of my weight to my hip.

"I don't have the time or the energy for you to try and apologize, " I mutter, "I've been meaning to ask you if I could at least call my friend since I'll be here for awhile."