Studying and Sports

Start from the beginning

A few of them nodded, some of them smiled and a few were giving me a 'yea'!" And "Yes!"

The announcer continues, "now presenting the official football team lead by Laurence, Phoenix drop High!"

Laurence got out with a big smirk plastered on his face, making the whole girls in the stadium cheer it of his name.

"Your so amazing Laurence!"

"Laurence-sama notice me!!"

"We love you Laurence!"

"Marry me Laurence!"

Okay, the last one I made it up but you get the genreal amount of girls just scream, making me eardrums shatter.

"Okay..." the speaker, slightly confused as to what to say to the cheering, mostly, girls.

"And on the other side we got the 'Rare gems'-"

"Really?" A guy from the team asked.

"Couldn't see you coming up with a better one." Bethany said, between grinted teeth.

I left the name choosing to Bethany, a girl from the soccer team who was kicked out due to her temper. We spent a few hours deciding over the name and honestly I couldn't think of a better name.

In those few hours, I've learnt to better aggravate an angry bull than aggravate her.

He grumbled under his breath and let the subject slide.

The speaker continued, "Lead by Aphmau!"

The normal clapping and whistles come by as we made our way to the field.

We saluted and shook hands like we should before a game.

Laurence's reaction was the best. Because the last few days I've been cramping myself in study, I forgot to tell the guys that I'm participating this year.

"Aph, I'm playing against you?" Laurence asked, while discreetly trying to calm his beating heart.

"Well, I forgot to tell you." I winked and walked away to my team.

"Okay guys! Let's do this!" I said as we rounded in a circle.

"Yeah!"

And the whistle goes off.

45 minutes later in the match...

"I can't believe it!" I shouted from the tops of my lungs as I drenched myself from the sweat all over my face.

"Yea, I mean you did that back flip into the ball and it went shooting straight in the net!" Bethany said thrilled from all the running we had during the game.

If you haven't guessed yet... We won! And not just any win, we won 7 to 2. We should be the new soccer team. After the game, we left everyone speechless in the field and came here to party for victory.

I can't believe it, my team was even better that I imagined. I was a forward, obviously, with Bethany. To be honest, at first I thought she was all talk no bite but she was even more spectacular than I thought.

Our first few goals, 4 to 0, boasted our ego and we let our guards down in the first half.

Returning to the field, Laurence took us by surprise and scored two goals but we got it all back.

It was in the last moment, only thirty seconds were left and the ball was passed to me, I sent it shooting in the air then backfliped to score in style.