I purse my lips, my gaze skittering over towards the door. "How did you get in? I thought the door was locked."

Kyri flips the locks of her hair out of her face, "Oh! It was."

And she doesn't elaborate any further than that.

I release a nervous laugh past my dry lips, wetting them in the action as well. We then just sat in silence, while I played with my fingers as she gazed at me with her piercing eyes. The sun had gone down a while ago, and at some point, I reached over and turned on both side table lamps flooding the room in bright light.

From the corner of my eyes, Kyri was still staring, but in deep thought. Her gaze runs up and down my body like she was examining me for any flaws.

"Is something on your mind?" I finally comment.

Her head cocks to the side, like a confused puppy. "I'm just trying to figure out. . why he picked you. .?"

That stung. My heart beats a little faster as if she could hear the action, her lips cracks into an excited grin.

"Did that hurt your feelings?" she asks.

My eyes crinkle a bit around the edges, but I nod, biting my lip. "Yes," I answer honestly.

"I apologize then. It's just that I can't. . figure you out," the last part was barely audible but with her close distance, I heard.

It was my turn to tilt my head a slight bit, I've come to realize the more I sat here and conversate with this girl, the more her words were becoming a mystery to me. With a shrug, I lay back, not minding her company, it was better than being alone.

"Have you decided on names?"

I frowned. "What nam— oh," I pause, thinking. "No, I haven't, not with the. . . situation I'm in."

"It's kinda hard to do that when all I can think about is trying to think of another way to get out of here," I mutter, my eyes following the patterns on the ceiling.

The bed sheets shuffle, "You should stay put."

I groan, rolling my eyes, "Oh god! Not you too." I prop myself up on my elbows, "Look—" my words die instantly in my throat when I see how close she was.

My heart rapidly picks up, Kyri was basically pinning me down with her blue eyes, nothing but seriousness etched on her flawless face.

"I'm serious. I don't know why he brought you here, but from his point, I can say that you're truly safe. With us." she tells me, sounding older than she looks. "In due time you'll find out why."

She pulls back, my eyes never straying from hers until she was seated where she was before.

"For now, worry about that baby growing in you. You may not know it, but he or she is very important to Delano."

Her words make me cup the bulge that's growing between my hips. It was about the size of my palm now and I knew how serious this was getting now.

•••
[ edited ]

WEEKS IT HAS BEEN!! AND I AM TERRIBLY SORRY! 😥💔 I absolutely have no words, I started school and its really hitting, I mean not as hard as it is to some other 9th graders cause I've been completing my work and all but I get out much later than what I'm used to!

I get out at 3:00 😭 I ain't used to it! But I hoped you enjoyed the chapter, the question I asked before about longer chapters I'll see what I can do, I got a lot of people saying it don't matter just update more frequently 😅🔥 I'll try! I really mean it tho. Its gone be hard so BARE WITH ME 💕

Love you all 

p.s- here's a little pic of me an my friend from today at lunch

s- here's a little pic of me an my friend from today at lunch