Touken Ranbu | Taroutachi X Reader

Taroutachi X Reader

It was mid-summer when you finally finished forging another new sword, but unlike others this one seems to distant himself from you. You thought that he was not used to big crowd so you let it go but realizing that he tried to ignore and avoid each of the other sword makes you worried. Everytime there will be big occasion you will find him alone in his chamber or alone in the pond you had wanted to reach out to him but something in him shouts peace and he wanted to be alone.

Today was special, today is your birth day and you wanted it to be perfect everyone was busy buying things and preparing. As you stroll down the halls you've seen and noticed Taroutachi standing in the pond. It was his routine every day, he will feed the koi fish and stand there for hours. You made your way to him, he slowly turned to look at you acknowledging your presence. He smiled a bit and turned to look back at the koi fish

Taroutachi: good morning Saniwa" he said as he throw crumbs of bread to the fishes, you smiled and nodded

y/n: hello Taro, are you busy right now?" you asked him, as he slowly turned to look at you his eyes looking at your face you felt kinda uneasy when he do. You smiled nervously as you wait for him to talk

Taroutachi: I am not at the moment, I realized saniwa's face look glowing today did she perhaps used some special ointment?" he asked as he look at you fully

y/n: well Kashuu had prep me today" you smiled remembering the childish sword

Taroutachi: Saniwa looks more beautiful when she is natural" he said, you were a bit taken a back at his comment. This sword normally doesn't compliment anyone and you are no exception but right now you are seeing another side of him you wanted to understand.

y/n: thank you Taro" you smiled hiding your face from him, he gently touch your cheeks and he lift your face towards his. You admit he looks really handsome and you are somehow really calm when you are with him

Taroutachi: I've been noticing how saniwa looks really beautiful lately" he smiled

y/n: thank you?" I smiled shyly the position is rather strange I never been this close to him before but it felt that he is actually warming up to me. He let go of my cheeks as he bowed, walking away from me. I smiled at him and blush at the memory he had gave me

I walked back to the halls, meeting few of the swords there were a grant feast I don't really know how did they make this possible but I know it will be amazing. I was escorted by Kashuu to change clothes since they bought me something to wear. The kimono was the most colorful thing I have seen and yet they continue to surprise me, there were cakes and sake and of course tons of amazing food.

I am very happy to see them all enjoy as I let myself enjoy too, there were different games and tons of sweets even Gakotai seems to overdue his limit in drinking. Jiroutachi was holding his usual sake bottle and the timid and silent brother seem to be absorbed at the happening. I smiled as I draw my attention to him and there his eyes met mine something inside my chest is hammering hard. What was it? I never felt this kind of feelings before why does it only happen when I look at his eyes? I blushed as I avoid his eyes this time looking over at Kashuu.

As the time goes by the swords continue to celebrate, tons of foods and gifts were given and slowly but surely one of my sword started to fall asleep. The older swords enjoy the peaceful moment as they enjoy the sake which I agree for them to have. As I continue to work on the other stuff, I tried my best to clean some places in the lviing room the old swords are having the time of their life and most of the swords are asleep. I put blanket to the almost adult swords and I carried each one of the small sword to their respective rooms.

Taroutachi had seen my effort and so he had lend me a helping hand, He has carrying Sayo now as I carry Gakotai in my arms the walk to their rooms were silent but it was some kind of comforting.

I placed Gakotai on the mattress as he place Sayo on his place, thank God their last one I stretch up my limb as I placed warm blanket on the sleeping swords. I smiled at them patting their head one more time; they must have a really good time. I stood up only to see Taroutachi looking at him, when he realized I am looking back at him he avoided my eyes but I see some tint in his ears. I smiled as I realized how secretive and shy this sword can be.

Before going back to the living room, I've felt soft and comfortable hand on mind upon checking I've confirmed that it was indeed Taroutachi holding me still. I took hold of his hand making him look at me, there I saw the all so serious sword smile genuinely.

Taroutachi: saniwa can we stay here for a bit?" he asked with a confident but loving voice

y/n: alright" as I let him lead me to the pond he loved the most, we sit there silently with no words to speak but our mere presence at least at ease. As you two stood there under the bright moon light the calm and peaceful smooth sound of the wind makes it manner more accepting. Taroutachi realized that you are feeling cold and so he had made his presence more approachable by standing nearer by your side.

y/n: this feels really nice" you smiled looking at the bright moon, he hums in agreement as he took hold of your hand. You look at him and you saw him blush a bit

Taroutachi: I .. I..." he stutter which you find adorable, as you tighten your grip on his hand he looked at you in the eye and took a breather out as he continue to smiled where he left

Taroutachi: You look beautiful and I wanted to tell you Saniwa," he sigh " that I liked you a lot" he smiled as he lean down to kiss your forehead, you closed your eyes savoring the moment sure he was cold sometimes but this side of him was pretty new for you.

y/n: thank you Tarou" as you smiled and inhaled the moon breeze smell, this kind of night are those you had liked to much especially when you are with your specific sword.

END