chapter 5

It was the day of the audition. We were standing backstage and Niall was clenching onto his microphone.

"Good luck!" I said as I hugged him, his heart was pounding and he was sweating. "Sorry, It's just that I'm really nerveous" he apologized,

"It's okay, Niall, you're fine! You've got this." I said as he got called onto stage. I was standing nerveously with Mrs. and Mr. Horan, Greg, and Niall's grandmum. He got done singing and got 3 yes'. He ran off stage and hugged me, it was a long hug. 

"I told you!" I said, laughing.

"I should've listened" he laughed. I took off my Ireland dogtag my mom had gotten me when she told me that we were moving. "Take it," I smiled. "Luck of the irish and something to remember me by."

"Thanks Cassie, but this isn't goodbye, I'll be back, I promise." Niall said putting the dogtag around his neck, tucking it under his shirt. Greg, Mr. and Mrs. Horan, and Niall's grandmum all went in for the hug.

When we got home to pack up, Niall took off his red, long sleeve plaid shirt. "This is making me hot," Niall said, he had a short sleeve shirt underneath. 

"I know you've been telling me how much you like this shirt. I want you to keep it until I come back."

"But you love this shirt!" I said

"So, when I come back home, I'll take it back. I PROMISE i'll be home!" He smiled.

"I have to go," I said, "I'll see you... soon" I said as Niall ran over and hugged me. "I'll miss you.. so much." he whispered softly into my ear. He gently kissed my cheek as I walked out his front door. I walked home crying into Niall's shirt.. I would miss him too much.