Grenade ☆

Jonah•°•

Dedicated to the song "Grenade - by GOAT."

~

Jonah's pov ☆

"You guys wanna go to that huge bonfire tonight down at the beach?" I ask the boys.

Zach looks up from his phone and rolls his eyes, "Really? I'd rather not be around a bunch of sweaty and drunk kids."

"Yeah me either, bro. I'll stay here with Zach." Daniel says.

"And I'll stay home and be loyal to Christina, girls are crazy man." Corbyn says, sighing and laughing.

"Jack, will you come with me?" I ask Jack, hopeful he'll say yes.

"You know what? Yeah, I'll go. It'll be fun right?" Jack says, jumping up from the couch.

"Yeah bro! That's the spirit! Let's go!"

Me and Jack get into the van and head down to Venice Beach where the bonfire will be held.

Once arriving, we find a spot to park not to far away and get out of the van, walking down the trail towards the beach.

"Whoa." Jack gasps at the huge bonfire.

There where people everywhere, probably ranging from ages 15-20 or so.

There was loud music and obvious drinking, confirmed by what some of the people were doing and the liquor bottles in a large area.

"Well, fuck it. We're here. Let's go get a drink." I say, slapping Jack on the back and walking over to where all the drinks were.

We both get beer in red solo cups and just chill on the sidelines for a bit, until I see her. I couldn't help but stare.

This beautiful girl, swaying her hips to the music. She sees me looking at her and smiles.

"Bro, she's hot. Go talk to her." Jack says.

Right as he says that, another girl comes up to the girl I was looking at. My girl says something to her friend and they both turn to look at me and Jack, the other girl waving at Jack.

Jack spits his drink out, surprised by the looks of the girl. She definitely wasn't as pretty as the girl I was looking at, "No."

I look at Jack, "C'mon bro, please talk to her friend so I can get that girls number."

"No man! Look at her!" Jack says.

"Please! Jump on this grenade for me."

Jack rolls his eyes, "This is the only time I'll do this."

Jack begins making his way over to the girls and I quickly trail behind.

"Hi!" I say once we approach them.

"Hi." The girl I was looking at said, a beautiful smile on her face.

"I'm Jonah." I put my hand out for her to take it.

She accepts it and says, "Y/n."

"Hi, I'm y/f/n." Y/n's friend says, sticking her hand out to Jack.

"Uh, I'm Jack." Jack slowly shakes her hand, a look of disgust written on his face.

"Can I get you a drink?" I ask Y/n.

"Yeah, I'd like that." She smiles.

"And you dance with me!" Y/f/n says to Jack.

"Um, actually-" Jack starts, but Y/f/n drags him into the large group of dancing people.

I take Y/n over to the drinks and surprisingly she just grabs a water.

"Water?" I ask.

"I don't drink," She laughs. "Wanna dance?"

I smile, damn she was beautiful, "Yeah."

After awhile of dancing with Y/n, Jack comes up to us, "Okay, yeah hi. Jonah get her number now because I'm leaving."

Y/n laughs, "What? Did Y/f/n scare you off?"

"More than that! She tried to kiss me! And honestly, I'd rather make out with a dog. She even has more facial hair than I do!" Jack exclaims.

Y/n laughs again, "Give me your phone Jonah."

I hand her my phone and she types her number into it.

"Well, thanks for a great night Jonah. Now, I'd better go find Y/f/n. Until next time." Then she was gone.

I turn to Jack and he glares at me, "Thanks Jack." I say, laughing afterwards.

"Fuck you, I wanna go home."

🍒🌸🍒🌸🍒🌸🍒🌸

♪ I wouldn't really mind but she looks like my uncle Ben ♪

Okay honestly this made me laugh so hard and I strongly suggest you listen to Grenade if you haven't because it's amazing.