Chapter 55

Justin's POV

A few days later

I slowly become aware of my surroundings as I felt myself awaken. The soft fluffy bed and blankets covered my body as I had Bella wrapped snugly and protectively in my arms. Her hot even puffs of air cascaded down my neck sending shivers down my spine. I quietly giggle at her tiny baby snores and brush back the fallen wisps of hair that had come loose from her braid.

My eyes slowly trail down her silk gown clad body, but I suddenly stiffen and gasp at an awful sight. Tears swarm my eyes as I stare horrified at the bright red blood that covered the crisp white sheets. No please! I try to stop the memories of Bella losing our babies after we woke up to blood covered sheets before, but they all come racing back as I start gasping for air.

She can't be pregnant and losing another baby! We hadn't had sex in months because we were both still traumatized at what happened last time. What's wrong with her? Is she dying? Oh my god, she's dying and I'll be all alone again! I can't lose her. I refuse, no! These thoughts race through my head as tears stream effortlessly down my cheeks. "B-Bella? B-Bella wake u-up now. K-kitten please." I speak in a soft small terrified tone, too frightened to touch her. She doesn't budge. Her breathing doesn't falter from it's even pace. "B-bella?" I say again, my breathing frantic. She still doesn't move. "B-BELLA WAKE UP! P-PLEASE!" I scream terrified as I finally build the courage to shake her fragile tiny body violently.

Her eyes snap open in a panic at my screaming. "What, Justin?! What's wrong?" she asks worried as she takes me in. I was officially in panic attack mode. "B-bella! Y-you're bleeding!" I point distraughtly at the large blood stain coming from her body. She looks down and her face immediately blushed bright red. Why is she blushing? Why is she not screaming for me to take her to the hospital? Has she known she was dying and just hasn't told me? "Oh my." she says before she jumps out of bed and rushes to the bathroom as I chase after her still crying. Just as I get to the door, she slams the door in my face and locks it.

"B-bella, what's wrong with you? Why are you b-bleeding?" I all but screech as I pound on the door. "Justin calm down. Can you hand me my sweat pants, some new underwear, and a t-shirt please." She speaks in a quiet embarrassed tone. I nod even though she can't see me. "Of c-course Princess." I stutter out as I walk to her closet. I can't bring myself to look at the blood stain where Bella's body was laying. Too many bad memories. I shudder and sob quietly at the thought of my babies. They would have been born and safe in their mommy and daddy's arms by now. I would have cherished them and loved them. I would never had let them go through what I did. They would never know what it would be like to instinctively flinch every time someone raised their hand because they thought they were going to get the beating of a lifetime. Oh my babies. They would have been beautiful, I just know it.

I muffle my sobs with my hand as I make my way back to the bathroom door. I have shoved these thoughts far back but since I saw the blood everything has hit me once again. I would never be able to hold my precious daughter or be able to braid her hair and send her off to school as Bella and I stood waving as she ran to the school bus after kissing our cheeks goodbye. I would never be able to hold my beautiful son or teach him how to play sports and how to treat a lady. I could never be able to look them in the eyes and tell them how proud I was of them and that their daddy loved them dearly.

I wipe my tears, quickly pushing these miserable thoughts to the back of my mind, and knock on the bathroom door. "K-kitten, I have your clothes." I mumble quietly. The door creaks open a tad and only her tiny hand shoots out. I hand her the clothes and she quickly shuts the door again. I sit down and slowly start to suck my thumb and play with my hair, still scared out of my mind. My coping mechanism and I wasn't ashamed.

A few minutes later, the door creaks open again and Bella slowly walks out. Her eyes immediately fill with pity as she sees me curled up in a ball, sucking my thumb, and playing with my hair. I probably looked a mess. Cheeks stained with black inky tears, hair disheveled, eyes red and puffy from sobbing, and my body stiff in terror. I quickly jump to my feet and pull her into a tight embrace. "A-are you ok, Kitten? Why are you bleeding?!" I ask, practically begging for her comfort and answers. "I just forgot my period was today, that's all. I'm sorry I scared you." she whispers sympathetically. A period? What's a period? "It's where a woman bleeds for a week. It's what makes woman able to have babies." she says answering my unsaid question, slowly brushing back my unruly hair. "Oh.." I awkwardly shuffle my feet and blush brightly. "So you're not dying?" I ask shyly. "No baby. I'm not dying." She laughs as I become overwhelmed with emotion and pull her into me as I quickly cover her lips with mine with a passionate kiss full of relief.