56- Harry Has His Eyebrows Removed

Harry carried on preparing for the upcoming battle with Nyx. None of them knew entirely when it was going to happen.

The camp was busy with preparations. Luke had taken over teaching swordsmanship lessons. Harry was getting pretty good at it, sure he still wasn't brilliant, but he was better than he had been. (Better than the time he had almost decapitated Percy anyway.) Occasionally their lessons were interrupted by a screaming Thalia charging at Luke and attempting to kill him, but everyone had just accepted that as part of everyday camp life since the hunters had gotten back.

Ron had decided to ditch the sword in favour of a celtial bronze mallet that Leo made for him. The son of Hephaetus and Ron had seemed to become quite close, Ron helped him with whatever project he and his siblings were working on in bunker nine (Harry hoped that it was a secret weapon to help them defeat Nyx, but he somehow doubted that even they could create something that powerful.) and Leo had been helping Ron 'master the mallet' as they were both calling it. Ron seemed to be getting better, he hadn't hit anyone accidentally in a while anyway.

Ginny was getting more and more scary by the day. Piper had been helping her learn how to master daggers. Ginny had always had a fire in her eyes that scared Harry when she was angry with him. But now that fire was accompanied by a scarily good set of hexes, curses and a dagger it was even more terrifying. Harry had to keep reminding himself not to get in a fight with Ginny.

Percy had been plowing on with the wand McGonagall had given him. Sure he wasn't a wizard, so his wand work was often shoddy and his spells backfired a lot. He was almost worse than Seamus for spells backfiring and blowing things up. So far he had set the Poseidon cabin on fire (only to immediately douse it in lake water), scorched all of the grass in the arena and almost killed some tree nymphs.

Percy had decided that it was better if he practiced underwater where he couldn't blow stuff up as much. He occasionally took Harry down with him in an underwater bubble, to correct bits of his wand work. Percy did accidentally scorch Harry's eyebrows off, but he was coming out of the lake with less and less burns, which Harry took as a positive.

Hermione, Annabeth and the rest of the Athena cabin had been pouring over maps of the camp halfblood valley for days, trying to work out Nyx's plans, they seemed to be more debating battle strategy than anything else though.

Harry himself was feeling poorly underprepared for the upcoming war. He confided this in Percy, who agreed.

The two of them sat down by the lake to talk about everything that was going on.

"I'm pretty sure that the whole prophecy has been fulfilled," Percy confessed, "that doesn't normally happen until after we defeat the big bad guy, and I'm not sure if it's good or bad."

"Maybe there's something missing," Harry suggested, "like a piece of the prophecy that was lost to time or that Ella never read?"

"Maybe..." Percy trailed off, "I guess I just feel like we're missing something."

Harry nodded, "I do too."

The conch horn sounded across the camp valley. Percy jumped to his feet. "It's happening now."

Harry's eyes widened, "the battle is starting."

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed the chapter!
The final battle is about to starrrrrrt!!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx