12- Percy Is Useless

Percy wasn't much use in brewing the potion. The only thing that he did to help was get Hermione some salt water when she asked for it.

Hermione told him that the potion would take just over a month to brew so Percy spent his days wondering around the Hogwarts grounds and getting to know people.

He took an especial liking to Neville Longbottom who reminded Percy somewhat of Frank.

One day Percy was walking in the grounds whilst the entire school were in classes.

There was a third year care of magical creatures class going on next to Hagrid’s hut. Percy looked over and smiled at Hagrid. As he looked at the half giant he noticed something in the Forbidden Forest behind him. There was a ghostly figure of a woman. But she wasn't like the other ghosts that he had met at Hogwarts. No this woman was a goddess. Percy hurried towards her, but as he did she turned and walked further into the woods.
Percy followed her. Finally she stopped in a clearing.

Percy looked her up and down, “you're a goddess.” He declared.

“Well done Perseus.” She smiled.

“Percy,” Percy crossed his arms, he glared at the woman, “you've literally just copied Hera, seriously aren't you gods inventive enough to come up with your own ideas?”

The woman shrugged, “Hera didn't copyright it. I have every right to borrow her idea.”

“Which God are you anyway?” Percy asked.

The woman smiled, “I am Hecate, goddess of magic.”

“And Hecate goddess of magic, why did you out me here and what do you want?” Percy cocked his head to one side.

“Perseus, I am here to tell you that the burden of getting home rests upon your shoulders. You are the only one who can lead the Wizards to your friend and lead your armies into success in battle.”

Percy glared at her even harder, “but what if I don't want to?”

“I'm afraid that you have no choice,” Hecate smiled sadly, “the prophecy has been issued. You are key in how it plays out.”

“What prophecy?” Percy demanded.
“The next great one,” Hecate told him, “your friends at camp have been told of it and when you find them you too will know what it holds.”

“Why can't I just know now?” Percy was beginning to become frustrated.

“It is not my place to tell you.” Hecate said, “but it is my place to tell you this. Perseus at the moment the way might seem clear, but soon you will realise that getting home will be much harder than you could imagine.”

“What?”

She ignored him, “this new threat cannot be defeated without both demigods and wizards. Also there is one more thing you must know. The lines between life and death are becoming more hazy.”

“Are the doors of death open again?” Percy asked.

“No,” Hecate mused, “but the dead are becoming more creative. Those who you have killed may not stay dead, and those who you have not killed may become dead.” With that Hecate disappeared.

Percy glared at the spot that she had just vanished from, “I really hate it when gods do that.”

Hey guys, I'm publishing this firing a maths class from hell :)
Remember to vote, comment and hate maths!!
~Em xx