13- Harry Participates In Some Light Reading

Harry stood in the woods for a while longer, listening to the sounds of monsters howling in the distance. He shook himself back to his senses and hurried back to Camp.

He found Annabeth in no time. She was talking to some Hermes campers.

“Annabeth!” Harry sprinted towards her, “I need to talk to you!”

She nodded at the Hermes campers who ran off (probably going to prank someone).

“What is it?” Annabeth asked him.

“I just met Hecate,” Harry told her quickly.

“Hecate?” Annabeth raised an eyebrow, “as in the goddess of magic?”

Harry nodded, “she told me that she blessed my ancestors, the first witches and wizards.”

“So you're a wizard?” Annabeth asked uncertainty.

“Yes,” Harry nodded again, “she also told me that it is not my burden to find my way home and that that task lies with Percy Jackson.”

At the name of her boyfriend Harry could visibly see the cogs in Annabeth’s head whirring.

“There might be some books,” she said after a moment of thought, “probably in the Hecate cabin.”

“Let's go then."

********

Just as Annabeth had thought the Hecate cabin did have the books. They took them back to the Athena cabin and began combing through the books.

Unfortunately there was nothing recent. The earliest date in any of the books was in the 1400s. Harry recognised one book though. It was called Hogwarts a History.

“This is it!” Harry declared, “I'm from here!”

Annabeth looked over his shoulder as he began reading.

“It's the wizarding school in Britain, it was founded in 990 AD by the four founders, Salizar Slytherin, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Raven Claw and Godric Griffindor. It is in the Scottish countryside.” Harry listed.

“So we need to go to Scotland then?” Annabeth said, slightly excited at the prospect of finding Percy.

“No!” Harry blurted out quickly, he remembered what Hecate had told him earlier that day. ‘It is not your burden to find your way home, merely to aid your friends in their journey.’ He wanted to go home just as much as Annabeth wanted to find Percy. But he knew that he shouldn't, that he couldn't, “we have to wait for them to come to us.”

Annabeth nodded, she too was remembering what Hecate had said to Harry, “we need to go and talk to Chiron.”

Harry nodded, “yes we do.”

********

The two of them hurried to the big house, where Chiron was sitting on the front porch in his wheelchair talking to Grover, who was fiddling with his reed pipes nervously.

“Chiron!” Harry said as they ran towards him, they stopped next to him, “I know where I came from!”

“Where?” Grover bleeped, sounding more excited than nervous now.

“I'm from a school for witches and wizards called Hogwarts in Scotland,” Harry told them very quickly.

Chiron sighed, “Percy told me that this would happen.”

“Wait,” Annabeth frowned at her mentor, “Percy told you what?”
Chiron ignored him and looked at Harry, “I have something to give you.”

I'm so nice, I gave you a double update today :)
Remember to vote, comment and do a brilliant dance!
~Em xx