54- Harry And Percy Follow A Magical Trail

Harry and Percy had decided that after the massive disappointment of them 'freeing' Hecate that they would head into the grounds and get some more training in.

"Hey," Percy said whilst they were taking a quick break, "do you see that?" Percy pointed towards the forbidden forest.

Harry followed his gaze, there was a trail of blue shining lights leading into the forest right next to Hagrid's hut. He got up his feet, "Yer I do."

They exchanged a look and then both broke into a jog, going towards the forbidden forest.

The blue lights took them deep into the forest. Even further than where Hagrid had once kept Grawp.

It eventually came to a stop on the edge of a clearing. In the middle stood a woman in Greek robes. Her blonde hair was in an intricate hairdo. Hecate.

She smiled at them, "Thanks to you and your friends I am free."

Percy snorted, "we worked that out."

Hecate ignored Percy, "I would like to thank you for all that you have done in order to get me out."

"You'd better be thanking us," Percy crossed his arms.

Once again Hecate ignored Percy, "the end of this war is coming, despite what you may think I want to help. I can't directly get involved in the battle, but I can give you advise."

"Typical," Percy murmured under his breath.

"I can tell you that your old enemies are the key to winning the war." Hecate once again ignored Percy.

"Luke and Snape?" Harry raised an eyebrow, "how can they help?"

Hecate smiled, "you were right to think that the only way you can defeat Nyx is to combine your powers, that is how I got out of the painting. Nyx has been using wizarding magic to help in this war and the only way to defeat her is to do the same."

"How did you even get stuck in the painting in the first place?" Percy asked.

Hecate actually acknowledged Percy's question, "Nyx caught me off guard," she explained, "she used a rare form of magic, taught to her by a dark wizard who was cast down to Tartarus after he died. Nyx used the power that she stole from me to get her out of Tartarus, then she trapped me in the painting and continued to use my magic to harness wizarding powers."

"So Nyx stuck you in a painting and used you to get her out of the oh so lovely pit." Percy raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, she did." Hecate nodded.

"So how do we kill her?" Harry asked.

"You can't kill darkness, just like you can't kill the earth, time or the sky," Hecate mused, "Perseus knows how to dispose of an immortal."

"No one dies," Percy glared at the goddess, "every time something like this has happened someone had to die to defeat the bad guy. This time no one is dieing."

Hecate simply smiled, "and that is why I wanted you in this war, you are a good person Percy, and you won't let anyone else die will you."

Percy didn't say anything.

"Hurry back to camp now." Hecate said, before disappearing.

Hey guys!
I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I'm going back to school tomorrow and I'm litterally going to be so busy for the next month, next weekend I have my DofE and then I'm in a play in London. I'm also stage managing a play for the kids drama group I work with and I'm directing a play with me and my friends in.
Also I would like to welcome IgnisAndFortuna to wattpad. She finally gave into my incessant badgering and got wattpad like I'd been telling her to.
Remember to vote, comment and watch teen wolf (seriously I'm obsessed!)
~Em xx