30- Percy Becomes An Insomniac

Percy stood staring at the now fully black border open mouthed.

He was frozen. He couldn't believe what had just happened.

Hazel, sweet, amazing, (if not sometimes scary) Hazel had just fallen to Nyx.

Percy felt someone slap him.

“Ow!” He glared at Annabeth.

“What happened?” She demanded.

Percy looked back at the border, “Hecate was Nyx and then Nyx was Hecate and then she took Hazel.” He didn't even listen to what he was saying.

It should’ve been me, that was what kept echoing through Percy’s head. He vaguely registered Annabeth leading Frank away, and Harry and Ginny walking to the big house, where no doubt the senate and counsellor’s meeting was about to restart.

But Percy couldn't move. He was rooted to the ground. It should've been me.

********

Percy sat on his bed in his cabin two days later. He hadn't been able to sleep since Hazel had vanished. Sure he had tried, but he couldn't forgive himself for letting Hazel get away.

He heard hushed voices outside.

“He's not slept for two days Clovis.” Annabeth murmured. Percy grinned to himself, he loved her for looking out for him.

A muffled yawn was heard, “don't worry Annabeth, I can help.”

Annabeth walked into the cabin and sat down next to him, “hey Seaweed Brain.”

Percy smiled at her, “hey Wise Girl.” He couldn't help but notice how beautiful her hair looked, and he could smell books on her.

“Clovis is going to help you get some sleep.” She told him as if he was a small child, which frankly he was so overtired that he pretty much was a small child.

“Okay.” Percy closed his eyes and lay down into Annabeth’s lap, suddenly feeling the overwhelming urge to sleep.

********

Despite being forced to sleep, his sleep was not dreamless. He waded through the normal visions of Tartarus. Until he got to a new dream. He was in a white room with three doorways. These doorways were wrapped in the mist, giving them a slightly eerie feeling.

Hecate stood infront of him. He knew it was Hecate, but she looked slightly different than he knew her.

Her hair was blonde and she looked more regal. This was the real Heacte instead of Nyx pretending to be Hecate. (badly as far as Percy could tell)

“So was it Nyx who swapped us?” Percy jumped straight to the point.

Hecate shook her head, “no I swapped you and then Nyx took me.”

“Why?” Percy demanded, “why bother with the whole switching through time thing?”

“Because,” Hecate began, “Nyx threatens both the past present and future, you will find that you still have a need for the time turner.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Percy narrowed his eyes.

Hecate ignored him, “also, you may find that your path is only made harder by you fatal flaw.”

Percy glared more intently at her, but didn't say anything.

“Save me Perseus Jackson.” Hecate looked him straight in the eyes, “choose your path and save me”

Last update for a week or so...
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!!
~Em xx