31- Percy Makes A Promise

Percy didn’t particularly like the look of any of the doors. He looked from one, to the other, to the other and then back to the first one.

He couldn’t believe that he was being offered this choice. The fates had speculated his entire life. They had woven every moment and pre-planned every detail of every second. Sure he had tried to change his path, or ‘write his own destiny’ but the fates had always controlled him.

“You’re offering me a choice?” Percy asked incredulously.

“Yes,” Hecate nodded, “I am the goddess of the crossroads.”

“You’re letting me choose,” Percy repeated, “no strings attached.”

“Each of these paths will fulfil the prophecy,” Hecate told him, “but each in a different way.”

Percy didn’t reply. He looked at the doorways individually. Weighing up his options.

In the first door he saw a shroud burning. He saw blonde curls peaking out of one of the shrouds and himself crying over it. No. The first door was not an option.

The second door looked pretty bad. He saw flashes of his friends. All fighting monsters upon monsters. And then he saw Annabeth being over run by monsters. He saw himself crying over her body. Door two was not an option either.

The third door was in someways the worst. He saw Camp HalfBlood in flames. New Rome was in ruins. His friends lay dead on the floor. But Annabeth was alive. He saw he and Annabeth stood atop Halfblood hill looking down across the carnage.

He was torn. He knew That he couldn't let Annaneth die. But he couldn't let the camps burn either.

“They all fulfil the prophecy?” Percy was staring into doorway number two, looking at Annabeth’s dead body.

Hecate nodded.

Percy couldn't loose Annabeth. He just couldn't. There was no way that he was letting Annabeth die.

“Have you made your decision?” Hecate asked, raising an eyebrow.

Percy nodded slowly, “east. I choose east.”

Hecate smiled, somewhat sadly. Percy didn't know why she seems sad.

The other two doorways disappeared. Leaving just the burning image of camp.

“Remember that things aren't always as straightforward says they seem.” Hecate told him, “now just walk through.”

Hecate vanished, Percy looked at the doorway and suddenly felt incredibly guilty. He promised himself that he wouldn't mention the dream to anyone. Even to Annabeth.

He also promised himself that he would do anything to prevent the images from the doorway coming true. As far as Percy was concerned no one was going to die.

He would find Hazel. He would save Annabeth. And none of his friends were visiting the Underworld anytime soon.

He took a shaky step towards the doorway. Then he began walking faster and walked through the doorway.

********

He jolted awake. He felt someone shift underneath him. He sta up and saw that his head was on Annabeth’s lap. Annabeth had fallen asleep. Her hair was across her face.

He pushed her hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear.

I won't loose you Annabeth.

Hey guys!!! I'm back in Britain!!!! Yay!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!!
~Em xx