14- Percy Goes Home (Well Almost)

And now for my dramatic (if not slightly anticlimactic) reveal. *Cackles evilly*

Percy had been sitting in the potions classroom for what felt like hours. Hermione told him that she was almost finished with the potion.

She hadn't almost finished. They had been sitting there watching her stir the potion in different directions for agers.

"Done!" Hermione yelled and slumped down on the bench next to the caldron.

"Are you sure?" Ginny asked as she pulled out a cup and filled it with the orange potion.

"Yer, it not gonna make me grow a third eye or something is it?" Percy looked at the liquid with distaste, "I mean it smells like toxic waste."

"No, it's perfectly fine," Hermione confirmed. Percy decided to take her word for it. He took the cup from Ginny and (holding his nose so that he didn't have to smell it) emptied the cup.

He set the cup down and sat down in a chair.

"How do you feel?" Ginny asked tentatively. Percy held up a finger, stopping her.

Everything was flooding back. Sure he remembered all of his friends before, but he didn't remember details of his quests. He didn't remember the horrors of either of the wars. He didn't remember Tartarus.

The horrors of his journey through hell with Annabeth were flashing through his mind and he couldn't stop them.

"Are you okay?" Hermione asked, frowning.

"I'm fine," Percy managed to choke out. The images faded from his mind and retreated to the back of his mind, where he locked them away, he shook his head, "I'm fine." He repeated.

"Did it work?" Ron asked.

"Yes," Percy looked at them, "we need to go to Long Island."

********

McGonagall gave them the permission to go. So the next day the four of them left the Hogwarst grounds so that they could disapperate. As soon as they were out of the gate they were gone. With a loud crack they appeared on halfblood hill.

Percy couldn't shake what Hecate had told him 'your journey will be harder than you expect.' Percy couldn't shake the feeling that there was something wrong. He looked to where Thalia's tree should've stood. But it wasn't there. The golden fleece and Pelus the dragon were gone too.

"Something is wrong," Percy frowned. He walked towards the crest of the hill and looked out over. Something was definitely wrong.

Over at the cabins there was only the original U of the Olympian's cabins. All of the cabins that had been added since the Titan war were missing.

The big house was undergoing a paint job. Half of it was red and some campers were repainting the other half blue.

"What's wrong?" Ginny asked.
"Bloody hell," Ron exclaimed as he saw the valley, "it's huge!"

"It's not right," Percy said again. This place felt so right, but so wrong at the same time. So much like home, but so alien.

On the porch of the big house sat Chiron and Dyonisis playing pinocle. Chiron was in his magical wheelchair and the wine dude had a can of Diet Coke in his hands.

"Let's go and talk to the wine dude."

********

Percy sprinted towards the big house.

"Chiron!" He skidded to a halt next to the porch.

Chiron looked up from his game and at Percy. There was no recognition in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" Chiron asked.

"It's me, Percy," Percy frowned.
"I don't know any Percy," Chiron shook his head.

Percy looked around in confusion. Then suddenly something clicked in his mind.

The big house was red. It was halfway re painted blue.

In his vision of May Castellan during the Titan war the big house had been red. Just like it was now.

He turned to Ron, Hermione and Ginny who had just joined him.

"What year is it?" He asked.

Hermione frowned but answered anyway, "it's 1999."

Percy stared at them open mouthed. It wasn't possible.

"I'm six." He gawped, "I'm six."

So was it dramatic enough??
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!!
~Em xx