10- Harry Plays Hide And Seek With A Goddess

Harry had spotted a strange ghostly figure at the edge of the woods the same day that Tyson and Ella arrived.

But after a few days he hadn't seen it again. He convinced himself that he was seeing things. That it was a trick of the light.

That's was why he didn't believe his eyes when he saw it again. The woman stood on the edge of the woods, smiling and beckoning for Harry to come to her. He looked around and noted that no one else around him was noticing the figure. Maybe they couldn't even see it.

He decided to go and see what it was. Note children that if you ever see a strange person standing next to the woods beckoning to you, you really shouldn't go in because going with strange people into woods is never a good idea.

That is unless you're a demigod (or in a demigod camp but not entirely sure what kind of being you are) Harry walked towards the woods. But as he did the woman turned around and walked further into the woods. Harry spead up so that he didn't loose her in the woods.

Eventually the woman stopped and turned around to face him. Harry almost ran straight through her, but he managed to skid to a stop just in time.

The woman had long black hair and a white Greek toga draped over her shoulders.

“Who are you?” Harry panted, he pulled out his wand and pointed it at her, “what do you want.”

The woman looked at the wand and laughed, “hello to you too Harry Potter. I am Hecate, goddess of magic.”

“What do you want?” Harry asked again.

“I am merely here to inform you Harry Potter,” she smiled, “about the prophecy.”

“What about it?” Harry frowned.
“Harry Potter I am the ancestor of the entire magical race.” She ignored him and plowed on, “eons ago I blessed the first witches and wizards. They were mortals who had done me a great favour. I gave them magical abilities and wands to channel their magic through. I had no idea at the time how the wizarding community would grow and prosper. I blessed your ancestors Harry Potter. So if I were you I would lower that wand and listen to what I have to say.”

Harry hadn't realised that he was still holding his wand up to her face. He lowered it quickly and shoved it into his pocket.

“Harry Potter, I know that you feel it is your duty to find your way home. But it is not. It is not your burden to find your way back home, that burden lies with your friends and Perseus Jackson.”

Harry frowned, “what do you-.”

“Mean?” She cut him off, “I mean that you must only aid them in their quest to get here. You will return home one day, that day just will not be today.”

Harry subconsciously pulled his wand back out of his pocket and began fiddling with it as he though over what Hecate had just told him.

Hecate noticed his wand and smiled, “do not loose that Harry Potter. That wand has and will serve you well.” Then Hecate disappeared. Leaving Harry alone in the woods.

Personally I like this chapter title.
Remember to vote, comment and do a dance!!
~Em xx