38- Percy Blames Himself

Percy heard the battle before he saw it.

Swords clashed and demigods shouted. He kissed Annabeth, “I love you.” He told her.

“And I love you,” she replied, “now let's go.” She didn't let go of his hand as she pulled him through the battle with Hermione and Hazel hot on their heels.

Percy spotted himself and Annabeth across the battle field. They were fighting back to back, whilst a massive pack of hellhounds surrounded them.

“Do it,” Percy tools Hermione, “do it now.” He pulled Annabeth into his arms as Hermione pulled out her wand.

“Stupify!” She yelled. The red jet of light shot across the battle field hitting Percy right in the chest. He toppled and the hellhound pinched on Annabeth.

She fell to the floor, and Annabeth faded away in Percy’s arms.

“No!” He yelled, “no!”

Hazel grabbed him by the arm, “Percy, c’mon we have to go.”

“No!” He shook her off. Percy drew his sword and charged into the battle. He set off an earthquake. He hadn't quite worked out how to he did it yet, but he knew that rage triggered it. All of the monsters across the field vaporised.

Hazel took him by one arm and Hermione took the other, together they pulled Percy away from the field and back into the woods to wait until the timeline caught up with them.
********

Percy was sat on the floor of the woods. He couldn't move. He couldn't speak. He couldn't even think.

His mind had shut down the second that Hazel and Hermione set him down on the floor.

What he had done was only now registering in his mind. He had essentially killed Annabeth. It was his fault that she was gone. He had chosen this path that lead to her death.

He didn't even notice when Grover entered the clearing and pulled Percy to his feet and took him back to his cabin.

“Grover,” Percy said when he finally realised what was happening, “she-she's dead, and it's my fault.”

“I know Percy, I know she's dead.” Grover was shaking slightly. Percy remembered that Grover would be feeling every bit of this pain just as much as he was.

“It's my fault,” Percy repeated as Grover set him down on his bed in his cabin.

“It's not your fault Percy, it's the fates fault,” Grover sat down next to him, “everything is the fates fault.”

Percy began to hyperventilate, “no I chose the path, it was my fault, it is all my fault.”

“Percy you're not making any sense,” Grover tried to calm him down, “Annabeth wouldn't want you to blame yourself, this war isn't over and we need you to fight with us, we will avenge Annabeth, I swear it in the river Styx. Now get some sleep,” Grover pushed Percy down so that he was lying on the bed. He got to his feet and left the cabin.

Percy lay there. He couldn't help the tears from falling and he couldn't sleep. It was his fault.

I'm in a show at the moment so I might not update until Wednesday :)
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!!
~Em xx