55- Annabeth Has A Family Reunion

Annabeth, Percy and Hermione were the last group to appear back atop of Half Blood Hill.

It was early morning and campers were just starting to emerge from their cabins. Activities hadn't started yet so the camp looked weirdly still.

They made their way into camp towards the big house where the rest of their friends had headed as soon as they got to camp. Jason, Piper and Harry had already started filling Chiron in on what had happened.

Grover stood up from where he was sat next to Chiron (in his wheelchair), he hugged Percy. "You didn't die!" he bleated. Percy patted his friend's back.

"...and then Hecate disappeared, we ran back up to the castle and we all headed back here." Harry finished.

"I see," Chiron nodded, "that's all very...eh..." he struggled to find the right words to say.

"Magical," Percy provided.

"Yes I suppose it is," Chiron nodded.

Annabeth noticed Luke walking towards them, when he got there he slung his arm around her shoulders and ruffled her hair.

Just then hunting horns sounded, resonating through the Camp Halfblood valley. Annabeth turned to look up to Halfblood hill were the sound was originating from.

Hey face spread into a large grin. "Thalia!" Along the edge of the woods near to the Golden Fleece women in silver with hunting knives, bows and quivers. White and grey wolves skirted around their feet. Right next to Thalia's tree was Thalia herself. Her silver circlet perched atop of her black hair, she was wearing a silver jacket and jeans. Annabeth couldn't quite make out the scene depicted on her black tshirt, but it was probably something being decapitated.

Next to her Luke froze. His arm stiffened around her shoulders and he let out a stifled yelp. As the hunters began making their way down the hill and Thalia veered towards the big house, Luke seemed to break out of his trance and tried to sprint away. Before Annabeth could grab him Percy and Jason grabbed him by the arms and steered him back towards her.

Annabeth laughed, "she's going to kill you!"

"Yes! That's why I tried to run!" Luke moaned, "please let me run."

"Nope," Percy grinned at Luke, "you'll thank me later."

Luke slumped, "this is why I tried to kill you!"

"It's nice how we can joke about it now isn't it," Percy mused.

"Hey guys!" Thalia slung her arm over Annabeth's shoulder and ruffled her hair just as Luke had.

"Thalia c'mon!" Annabeth complained, "you can't do that to someone who's technically older than you."

"Annie, I'm technically 25 so shush," Thalia scolded her.

"No you're technically 16," Annabeth rolled her eyes.

"Aw Annie that's so nice of you to say I look 16!" Thalia grinned. "Hi Percy, Hi Jason, Hi..." Thalia spotted Luke, "Luke?"

Luke didn't even bother to fight against Jason and Percy's grip, "yes?"

"Luke?"

"Yes Thalia that's my name."

"Luke?"

"Gods Thalia say something other than my name!"

Thalia didn't say anything. Her mouth gaped open and she started at Luke.

"Thalia are you okay?" Luke asked, Jason and Percy let go of his arms. He walked over to Thalia, who continued staring at him. Luke put his had on Thalia's shoulder. She immediately snapped out of her trance.

"LUKE CASTELLAN I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" Thalia slapped him, and then grabbed her knife. By the time she had pulled it out Luke had turned and sprinted in the opposite direction. Thalia sprinted after him.

Annabeth laughed, "Try not to kill him again!" She yelled after her friends.

Percy watched them go, "and that my friends is how you know someone is in love with you."

I hope you guys liked the chapter!
Be sure to follow up my Instagram account _live_life_with_books_ !!
Remember to vote, comment and read Trials Of Apollo (I'm halfway through and it's beautiful!)
~Em xx