34- Percy Hates A Lot Of Things

Percy hated battles. He hated gods and goddesses and he hated monsters.

Camp Jupiter was under attack at the same time (Nyx seemed to have endless amounts of children). The Greeks lined up at the border.

“The should be coming down any minute,” Annabeth bit her lip. He loved it when she did that.

Percy took a breath and turned to the campers, “um, let's just kill everyone!” The Greeks let out a cheer, “but don't kill eachother! And don't die!”

Another cheer was let out and it was at that second that the black borders dissipated into the air and hordes of monsters of every sort charged over the borders.

********

Percy and Annabeth fought back to back, just like old times. They slashed down any monster that came their way.

But the camp was loosing. Badly. The Browns was thick in golden dust from dead monsters. But the dust lay over bodies.

No matter how many monsters they cut down, more replaced them. The campers were outnumbered 100 to 1.

Percy couldn't look at the floor for fear of seeing Grover, or Jason, or one of his friends lying underneath piles of monster dust.

Percy flipped around to fight next to Annabeth. A hellhounds lunged at Annabeth. She was distracted, Percy slashed it with his sword, knowing that it would've killed Annabeth if he didn't.

And no matter what happened he couldn't let that happen.

“Thanks!” Annabeth yelled as she cut of the head of an Empousi.

“No-,” Percy started, but he was cut off when he felt a sharp pain in his gut, and then emptiness.

“Percy what is it?” Annabeth sounded worried, but she couldn't afford to stop fighting for even a moment.

“Grover,” Percy gasped, “they killed Grover!”

He jumped to his feet in a rage and around him the earth began to shake. Monsters fell onto the weapons of fallen demigods and burst into dust, until around him there were no more monsters.

The ground settled, and Percy could see what was all around him.

The camp was a wasteland as he had seen in his vision at the crossroads. The big house was crumbling and the cabins were rubble.

And there were bodies. Bodies everywhere. Annabeth took Percy’s hand with a horrified expression on her face.

“What happened?” Annabeth gasped at the sight of the camp.

“This is my fault.” Percy couldn't look away from the horrors that lay out before him.

Annabeth tugged his arm, “Percy look at me.” She pulled his face towards her's, “we need to leave.”

“Where do we go?” Percy felt empty inside. He knew that it was his fault that the camp had fallen. He had thought that he could stop it from happening, but he was stupid. He chose the path and there was no going back. He would carry the weight of his all of his friend’s deaths on his shoulders for the rest of his life.

“We go to your mum’s.” Annabeth said, “now let's get out of here.”

Hey look a bit of a plot twist there...
Remember to vote, comment and be fabulous!!
~Em xx