21- Percy Hears The Future

Percy thought that the department of mysteries was very mysterious.

Which to be honest he should've guessed from the name.

They entered into a circular dark room. When they walked in torches on the walls sprung alight and lit the room in an eerie flickering light. The walls were tiled with black tiles as were the ceiling and floor.

About twenty or so black doors lined the walls. All with big brass door handles.

“So,” Percy looked down at the others, “do we just pick a door?”

“That's what we did last time,” Ginny nodded, “and the walls all move once you close a door.”

“This place is pretty cool,” Percy grinned and Hermione chose a door and walked over to it, “man I wish I was a wizard.”

Hermione opened the door and it opened with no trouble. Percy thought that it should've been mysteriously locked, like one of Leo’s spheres, or it should have a fingerprint scanner. But it didn't, maybe wizards weren't so great.

“That's the one that we went through to get to the hall of prophecies,” Ron looked through the door and onto a strange array of desks, glass cabinets and something that looked like a goldfish bowl.

“I guess that Luck is on our side then,” Ginny grinned, “c’mon Percy, this is us.”

********

Ginny guided Percy through the weird room, not even sparing a moment to look at anything. But Percy’s ADHD mind managed to take it all in with the moments that they spent running through the room.

The room was long and rectangular. Dancing lights sparkled like gems on the walls. Hung on every wall were hundreds of clocks. There were also many cabinets with lots of weird and wonderful objects in them.

Ginny rushed past all of this and walked straight to a door. She stopped just before she opened it, “there might be a guard in there. So just come up with an excuse.”

She opened the door. Percy walked though first only to see a man sitting at a desk. He must've been in his fifties.

“Doyle what are you doing here?” The man asked, he noticed Ginny, “and Humphrey?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Where are the prophecies relating to Perseus Jackson?” Percy asked. Attempting to keep a straight face.

“You've had a breakthrough in the love chamber then?” The man asked, frowning.

Percy nodded, “just a name.”

“Well there are quite a few prophecies that concern him,” the guy was looking at a stack of paperwork, “to be honest I think he has the most in here.”

Percy stifled a laugh.

“He has about ten realating to him,” the man said, “they're on row 31A and shelf 22C, you go that way and take a left.”

“Um thanks,” Percy grinned as he and Ginny walked off in the way that the man gestured.

“I'm surprised that they managed to rebuild this place,” Ginny frowned, “we smashed it up pretty bad last time that we were here.”

“Honestly you need to tell me that story one day.” Percy laughed, “here we are.”

They arrived at row 31A and there were a lot of prophecies.

“Why did you want to come here?” Ginny asked, sounding mystified.

“Because there is literally a prophecy for everything that happens in my life.” Percy said as he began examining the labels of the prophecies.

Ginny accidentally knocked one prophecy off and a ghostly figure of Rachel Dare emerged from it, “Seven halfbloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall,
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.” Rachel said before disappearing  into the air.

“What was that?” Ginny asked, “it didn't sound good.”

Percy shuddered, “that was the last great prophecy, and don't worry that one already happened.” Percy found what he was looking for, “but we do have to worry about this one.”

He held the orb in his hand and it spoke in a ghostly way, “Misplaced through the years,
Ahead of them the way appears,
Old enemies confessed,
Both to the halfs and to the blessed,
When darkness takes over their place,
Two shall fall and one takes Chase.” Then the orb went silent.

“What was that?” Ginny asked, frowning.

“That was our future,” Percy declared, “didn't it sound great!”

Ooo chapter!
Remember to vote, comment and binge watch things!!
~Em xx