49- Percy Runs Headlong Into His Past

Percy was getting bored of waiting. Thanatos' promise hadn't seemed to pan out.

Percy rose from his position on the floor and began to walk in a random direction with his hands stretched out to stop him bumping into anything.

He remembered vaguely his last trip through the mansion of night, how he held Annabeth's hand tightly, terrified that he might loose her in the dark.

He didn't feel the faint glow on his eyelids until he ran straight into a large figure. He toppled over and opened his eyes, looking up at what he has bumped into.

"Bob?" He laughed.

The Titan's expression spread into a grin as he pulled Percy to his feet.

"Percy!" He smiled, he looked just the same as the last time Percy had seen him, his curly sliver hair was just as bright as ever (of course with Small Bob curled up in it), his janitor's boom was clutched in his hand and his uniform was slightly singed.

Behind him stood Damasen, lit in Bob's silvery glow, he looked just as threatening as ever.

"We thought- we thought that you guys were-." Percy stuttered.

"Dead," Damasen boomed, "it's a very long story that we just don't have time for now."

"Yes," Bob nodded, "We need to go and find the death doors."

********

When Annabeth had told him to keep his eyes shut the last time they were there was absolutely right.

Percy couldn't even describe what he saw in the house of Nyx. It was like a never end maze of horrors, with something else that would forever scar his memories around every corner.

The only way that he made it out was by reminding himself that he had to get back to his friends.

Bob and Damasen didn't really seem fazed by the House of Nyx, being immortals who had litterally been consumed by Tartaurs and then spat back out again, Percy guessed that not much would faze them anymore.

"Jackson how much further until we're out of this blasted place?" Damasen asked.

"Hey!" Percy glared at him, "I've only been here once before, and I really don't remember much of it. If we hear water then we're close to a way out."

"Obviously you'd think that son of Poseidon," Damasen grumbled.

"He's right!" Bob smiled happily, "when we find the mystery river we can get out."

They plowed on, taking every right turn. Percy began to hear shouts echoing through the halls.

"We need to hurry up," Percy urged, "Nyx just realised I'm gone."

Percy felt a faint tugging in his gut.

"We're close!" He plowed forwards faster than ever.

He stopped just on the edge of the cliff that he and Annabeth had stood on not that long ago.

"What do we do now?" Bob asked.

"We jump," Percy braced himself, he took a few steps back and did a run up, before launching himself towards the other side.

He did exactly what he had done last time. He used the the River Acheron to help him across. He dipped his foot mystery.

When he landed on the other side he saw something. The doors of death were stood there on all of their glory.

He laughed, he was going home.

This is the end of part 2!!!
I'll be taking a short break until the beginning of part 3, but it will be up soon!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!!
~Em xx