43- Annabeth Gets A Suprise Visit

Annabeth and Luke broke apart. Just as there was a loud knock at the door.

Annabeth and Luke exchanged a look and then Annabeth made her way towards the door and pulled it open.

There stood a slightly out of breath Nico Di Angelo.

“Nico!” Annabeth frowned at him, “what in Hades are you doing here?”

“No time,” he pushed past her and walked into the living room. Annabeth shut the door and followed him in.

“Oh good you're both here!” Nico said when he saw Luke and Snape. Nico unrolled a map that he was holding. He laid it out on the coffee table.

“That's a map of the underworld,” Luke said as he looked over Nico’s shoulder.

“That's right.” Nico nodded as his eyes scanned the map, “and this!” He said triumphantly as he poked the map in a spot, “is your way out.”

“I'm sorry?” Snape raised an eyebrow and spoke in a slightly cynical tone, “but first off, who are you, second off we just so happen to be dead.”

“Bla bla bla,” Nico shook Snape’s comments off, “and I'm the ghost King, I say you're not dead.”

“Nico it doesn't work like that.” Annabeth crossed her arms.

“This passage leads from the underworld up to New York. It's the only way for dead people to get out.” Nico told them, “but as far as I know every dead person who has tried to get out hasn't made it.”

“Hasn't made it?” Luke asked.

“They try, but they get stuck, they can't get out of the tunnel.” Nico explained.

“The passage of the living dead,” Annabeth read the Ancient Greek from the map.

“If you can get through it you will come back to life.” Nico ignored her again.

“So it's dangerous then?” Luke asked.

“Very, but the prophecy makes it seem like you guys have to come back to life, so I'm sure that you’d make it.” Nico seemed to be getting a bit more excited.

“Are you 100% sure?” Snape asked.

“Oh, I'm nowhere near 100%,” Nico told them, “I'm about 1.5% sure.”

“That sounds perfect,” Annabeth clapped her hands together.

“In what way does a 1.5% rate of us surviving sound perfect?” Luke frowned at her.

“Well it's better than 1%, or 0.5% and it's much better than 0%,” Annaneth explained.

“That makes sense,” Snape pointed a finger at her.

“We can take everyone!” Annabeth jumped out of her seat, we can take everyone who died, in both wars, and all of the wizards and-.”

“No,” Nico told her.

“No?” Annabeth gawped at him, “why?”

“Because, Hades would sense that in a heartbeat, the maximum that can go are three, plus, the prophecy.”

“Nico, I've spent my life attempting to decipher prophecies,” Annabeth told him.

“Okay, the fates came to see me,” Nico stuck his hands up in surrender, “they told me to find a way to get you three out. No more or less people.”

Annabeth gave up, “okay then.”

“So we're doing it?” Luke asked, “we're going up the tunnel of death.”

“Yes,” Ananbeth grinned, “let's go up the passage of the living dead.”

Hey look, another chapter!
:)
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!!
~Em xx