Acceptant & Confession (pt. 7)

Start from the beginning

Cara immediately shut up, stopping herself from what she was going to say, noticing what she almost slipped out.

“What?” Kendall asked, wanted Cara to continue.

“Never mind.” Cara sighed. “Look, point is, you asked me for the wrong reason. I asked you so many times for the same reasons. It’s because I need you, among other things, not because I don’t trust you and want to put a claim on you,” she explained.

Kendall just stared at her, didn’t say anything but at the same time no longer giving her a hostile look either.

“I better go downstairs, everyone’s waiting,” Kendall muttered.

Cara sighed-heavily, as she was closing her eyes, frustrated with everything. Including herself.

She wasn’t quite sure why she said no, she could say yes and everything would go back to normal now. But … to be honest, Cara was somewhat offended that the only time when Kendall finally wanted to go back together was just because she didn’t trust her.

Is it too much if I want my feelings being reciprocated for once?! Cara thought as she watched Kendall walked away from her.

—————

The dinner was awkward at best.

Well according to Cara and Kendall that was. Because other than those two, the rest of Kendall’s family were enjoying themselves. Cara was so distracted, she didn’t even have a fangirling moments for Kim’s rapper boyfriend, whose none other than one of Cara’s favorite rapper, Kanye West himself.

After the dinner that felt like forever, finally it was about time for everyone to leave the dining room, and Cara was the first one who told everyone that she would leave, because the next day she had school, so she couldn’t stay as late as the others.

After thanking Kendall’s parents for their hospitality and exchanged goodbye with Kendall’s siblings, Cara subtly tugged Kendall away from her family and pulled her to the main door, heading to the driveway where her car was parked.

“I know you’re mad, but we need to talk,” Cara said, once they were at the driveway.

Kendall didn’t say anything but didn’t break their entwining hands either.

“Ken, listen to me. I want you, okay?! I need you for Christ sake! I never have a moment when I don’t need you.” Cara assured her.

“Then I don’t understand why you don’t want—

“I do!! Ugh! Did you even listen to what I’ve just said?! I want you to be my girlfriend so bad, but not like that. If our relationship is based on insecurity and lack of trust, we’re not going anywhere with that,” Cara vaguely explained.

Kendall was confused with Cara’s explanation, honestly, she didn’t know nor understand what Cara was trying to say.

Seeing the brunette confused, Cara only gave the brunette a sincere smile, “Look, nothing’s changed, okay? I still adore you. So much.” Cara husked then she kissed Kendall with all of her heart.

Kendall kissed her back but not as much as she normally used to, every time Cara kissed her. She didn’t react like she normally was, she just stood there passively. To be honest, Kendall didn’t know whether everything was fine between them or everything went downhill from there.

Cara pulled away from the kiss after a while, then gave Kendall a quick peck, and another one, and another, and another. Finally managed to make the brunette giggled even for a bit.