S3.02_A New Start

Start from the beginning

"Even a princess of royal blood?" Yeonhwa's eyes flared while the crowd made a huge dive to the sea of silence, everyone but Soo, of course.

"What are you saying?" Yeonhwa said through a forced smile, posing an expression that send chills down one's spine.

"I mean while looking for other's mistake one might overlook their own."

Implicit, Yeonhwa as well is caught in the act of disrespect, how else would she know Soo was doing such imprudent act? In other words, Soo tossed the shame back with tenfold.

Before Yeonhwa could rebute, Soo bad her goodbye with an incline of her head, as Soo caught the glimpse of the eight prince's, Wook's, approaching them. By every means she wasn't going to let the dying flame rise from the ashes.

"You-" Yeonhwa burst out but by that Soo was already facing with her back to the princess metres away.

"What is the commotion?" Prince Wook asked.

"Nothing, big brother." Yeonhwa of course masked with a fake smile, she was too prideful to admit she was affected by the word of a mere wench of low status.

Fortunately, Soo had secured the distance to not turn back, as if she hadn't heard the prince's voice, although she had.

Behind Soo was the frightened Chaeryeong, who was shaking both mentally and physically. Seeing the complexed expression on Soo's face, Chaeryeong thought her lady was wary of the princess holding a grudge, but is was far that simple.

The scene unfolding just now simply confirmed what was only Soo's scariest nightmare. That things was repeating, and the result as well could turn out the same if nothing different happened.

Soo wasn't afraid of dying at the age of youth, she wasn't afraid of the torture that was more than vivid in her dreams. No, she was afraid to be mistaken and loved for one she wasn't. For being a replica of another girl, bounded in his deeper conscious, of being loved for her resembles and hurt by the exact same fact.

"Soo-ya," The tenderly voice snapped Soo out of her thoughts. Looking up from the ground Soo was welcomed with the caring expression of Myunghee. Putting on a reassuring smile, Soo approached the fragile woman.

"Eonni," Hooking her arms around Myunghee, as she walked beside her with careful steps.

"Is something wrong? You look troubled," Lines deepened in the pale face, while Soo returned with a headshake with a smile playing on her lips. Myunghee's suspicion didn't easily fade though. Chaeryeong looked like a body without a soul, the flickering eyes and the trembling hands was more of signalling that something was definitely wrong.

"Chaeryeong," Myunghee said, snapping the maid out of her thoughts.

"Y-yes my lady?" Chaeryeong stuttered in words.

"What's wrong with you two?" Myunghee said, shifting her gaze back and forth to Soo and Chaeryeong. While Chaeryeong was unable to perform a reliable act she chose to pour it out.

"It was princess Yeonhwa who started-"

"Chaeryeong!" Soo shook her head but too late.

"Princess Yeonhwa?" Myunghee's questioning eyes already laid on Soo.

"I might have offended Princess Yeonhwa earlier," Soo admitted with a guilty expression.

"It is no small matter my lady, the princess eyes was flaring with rage. You know how the princess is, Agasshi is really in big trouble!"

"Soo-ya, did the princess pick on you? Tell me the truth, I will talk to her on your behalf."

"Eonni, are you willing to help me?"

"Of course I'll stand up when your are unfairly treated, you are my little sister." The warm words was more than enough comfort, yet Soo boldly asked for more.

"Instead of speaking to the princess,  please go the temple with me... I wish to visit mother's grave. I miss her. A lot."

"Why haven't you told before?"

"I was afraid to burden you,"

"It's a good idea my lady, during the trip to the temple we could avoid the princess, upon the return hopefully the storm already passed by,"

Not only did Soo intend to avoid Yeonhwa, she wanted to avoid the fourth prince that soon would make a stay in this place, and maybe there was a little possibility that Soo could escape fate.

A/N: I'll ASAP fix the deleted scenes and post it as promised and- Thanks for reading! \^o^/