Chapter 31 ~ Alana~

2 Weeks Later

I slipped out of my premium carriage in an elegant evening dress, with a lace rose bodice and a flowing, floor-length skirt of silk. I winced as I scraped my arm against the edge of the carriage door; the Diamond's magic had healed me, but I was still sensitive to sharp edges. I slowly padded across the gravel driveway to the Sword's palace, admiring it with all the twinkling lights and glowing flowers, put out especially for the occasion. At the door, a butler bowed deeply, opening the door for me.

"Your highness" he said. I smiled, unsure of how to respond. I hadn't got used to all this 'your majesty' and 'royalty' and stuff. It was strange, and made me feel distant.

I sighed, taking a deep breath, before I entered the busy entrance hall, full of people here to see Morgan; to see him take the place of his father.

I smiled to people, giving short greetings, but not really staying with anybody long. I was looking for one person only-Morgan.

I had stayed with him the first few days after he killed his father. He was traumatised; he wouldn't really speak that much would just sit staring into space, but slowly after a week he returned to his normal self again. In my opinion, he had started grieving for his father a long time ago. However, I hadn't seen him these last few days, as we'd been busy doing 'Royal' stuff.

I wondered around the palace for a while, not really communicating with anyone, but checking each room for a sign of Morgan. None. Each grand room was packed full of people, and the sound of manly laughs blending in with feminine giggles left every room deafening.

I smiled as I walked into the library, remembering when I had snuck in to find files, but there was still no sign of Morgan.

Where is he? He should be around here somewhere.

"Please may everyone enter the Great Hall. The coronation of King Morgan Bennet is soon to commence"

I spun round, to see a servant standing in the doorway. There was murmur from all the other people in the room, and then they all started to slowly file out.

Do I follow them?

I was just making my way out of the room, when the servant took my arm gently.

"Your majesty, you are to come with me-you are with all the other High Honours."

"Oh right, uh, sure, okay then." I muttered, unsure of what to say.

Why am I so socially awkward?

I followed the servant out the room into the Great Hall, sitting in one of the four large chairs that was at the front of the hall. They were positioned off-centre, with a large throne in the centre of the room. Slowly people trickled into the hall like water, filling up the hundreds of seats in the room.

Diana sat down next to me, smiling proudly.

"You OK honey? You seem a tad nervous." she said smoothly, looking at me with concern in her deep brown eyes.

"Yeah, I'm good....Have you seen Morgan lately? I haven't seen him in ages and I just want to make sure he's OK."

"Don't worry. I'm sure he can look after himself, he's a big boy, eh?" she replied with a wink and cheeky smile. I rolled my eyes, before smiling at the king of The Eagles who was strutting over to us.

"Evening ladies." he murmured, before sitting in the seats as far away from us as possible. I glanced over to Diana, who rolled her eyes, mocking him. I sniggered, trying to control myself, but was soon shushed when people started moving around in the front of the room.