Chapter 11 ~Alana~

I opened my eyes to an warming, orange glow. I could barely remember anything from before, except from the terrifying red eyes of the woman, and the 400C I spent. What a waste of money.

What happened? Who was she? Where am I? Who did that woman say it was?

I had many questions. Too many, and they were making my head hurt.

There was a crackling sound beside me, and a few sparks danced by. I tried to turn my head to the source.

"Don't move your head that fast. It'll strain your neck." A deep, calm voice cautioned me. It was soothing, yet assertive at the same time.

I turned my head (slowly this time) over to face the source of the voice. Across the dancing flames I saw a silhouette of a guy. A muscular guy. He seemed to be looking towards me; I could feel his gaze on me as I tried to sit up. I failed, obviously- all my muscles weighed a couple of tonnes.  

I tried again, but this time I was steadied by a strong grip and helped up.

"I said don't strain yourself." He ordered. Who the hell was this, telling me what to do? I hate being told what to do. I turned my head towards him.

Oh

My.

Dear.

God.

Morgans green eyes glittered in the light (or lack of light, as it was past sunset), but his gaze was firmly on me. I'd never seen him so serious, and so...worried.

He frowned.

"What?" I snapped, not meaning for my voice to come out so harsh.

"Don't move"

I stayed still. Somehow his voice had such a strong impact on me; I was obliged to do everything he said.

He tilted his head slightly, and his frown relaxed.

"It's OK, you can move now."

What the hell was that for?

I suddenly began to feel the cold of the night. Out of impulse, I shivered, and crossed my arms (after a lot of effort).

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

What? Why did he suddenly care so much? And more importantly, why the hell was he even here?

"Fine." I grumbled, although I felt quite the opposite. He smirked at my stubbornness.

"So...seeing as you're fine, I could probably leave you here" he concluded, as he began to get up. I didn't know if he was joking with me or not, but when he had a taken a few steps away from me, I was scared he actually would just abandon me here. 

My eyes opened wide with panic.

"No...I...need you." I hated the sound of those words as they came out of my mouth. Never again would I say that, I promised to myself.

He stopped abruptly, and smirked again. I bet he was going to stay, anyway; he probably just wanted to hear me say that.

"Well, then, Alana banana..." he stopped. "Alana banana-haha, can I call you that?"

Great. He was back to his old annoying self.

"No." I said, trying to sound as stern as possible.

"Awww, please, miss?" He stuck out his bottom lip, and did his 'adorable' puppy-dog eyes.

"No." I repeated.

"Pweeeaaassseee?" He begged, his voice a few octaves higher than usual.

Oh, for goodness' sake. It's just a name.

"Fine." I grumbled, for about the fifth time since I woke up.

"Yay! Alana banana says yes! Yay!"

Why was he acting like a child?

"Grow up, for goodness' sake." I moaned.

"Yes ma'am!" He replied.

How does he have so much energy?

I felt drowsy again, and tried to lie down. His strong hands were immediately behind me, and they lowered me back down.

I didn't have enough energy to reject his offer.

"Night, Alana banana." He said, his voice gentle this time, and smooth as silk.

I closed my eyes. Somehow, with Morgan here, I felt so much more comfortable than with anyone else. But at the same time, I would've definitely preferred my mum to be the one looking after me.

But she is.

She'll be looking over me for the rest of my life.

*********

I woke up to birds chirping. The fire had gone, and I felt like ice. A coat was draped over me like a blanket. It smelt so refreshing, so sweet, yet slightly minty, too. 

And then I realised it was Morgans coat.

"Morning, Alana banana! Sleep well?" He greeted me. He smiled, a gentle smile; not a smirk or a grin, but a smile. I couldn't help but smile back. 

"You were shivering your ass off, so I gave you may coat." He stated.

"Thanks."

His eyes widened. "What was that? Did Alana banana just thank me? Why, I'm privileged!" He enthused.

Ughh...shouldn't have given him the opportunity to do that, Alana banana.

What?!

I did not just call MYSELF Alana banana!

No!

I will not let his names catch on me.

I groaned, and sat up with much more ease than yesterday.

This was going to be an interesting day.