Chapter 22 ~Alana~

The queen got a carriage ready to take us to the Diamond's palace. We left after a massive lunch, me still not forgiving Morgan for volunteering us as messengers. We made sure we wore no black, as the Diamonds would send us away; black was forbidden, as it was an impure colour. I wore a white, knee-length sundress with a thin leather belt, whereas Morgan had put on white trousers and shirt, with a white blazer, all perfectly ironed. I bet he knew that we'd be going to the other palaces.

Why didn't he tell me? It would have really helped me pick out better clothes!

I had no other white clothes, except from a thin cardigan, which was barely going to keep me warm in the freezing temperatures of the Diamond kingdom. In fact, I had no warm clothes, as I was only prepared for the heat and beaches (yep, I even bought a swimsuit) in the Sun kingdom.

To start off with, I was fine, as we had not passed through the borders yet, but I soon started feeling the cold. I tugged out my cardigan from my suitcase, and wrapped it around me. It didn't come to much use, so I was sat there, shivering.

Morgan soon heard my chattering teeth.

"Hey, Alana banana! Feeling the cold, are we?" He teased, from across the carriage.

Yes I am. And it's all your fault.

"Come here" he moved to sit next to me, and pulled me in to his broad chest. He wrapped his strong arms around me, and turned himself into my human radiator. Normally, I would pull away, but I was freezing, and I didn't really have a choice, I was enclosed in a Morgan death grip.

"Better?" He asked, sounding rather proud.

"Better." I said, as I snuggled into his gorgeous manly chest, and the musky smell returned.

What is wrong with me? I'm cuddling Morgan. No. It'll

But I didn't pull away. Somehow, he was my only form of comfort. I knew he would be there for me.

 ****************************

The carriage slowed to a stop outside the gates to the palace gardens. Before the door even opened, I could hear and feel the wind, buffering the carriage, causing the horses to jump around in an attempt to keep warm. 

We stepped out of the carriage, and the freezing cold blasts of air hit me and almost knocked me over.

Morgan took off his blazer, and plonked it on my shoulders.

"What's that for?! You'll freeze to death!" I warned, taking it off.

"It's alright." He said calmly, "I have thermals on under this."

Ah. Yes. Of course he would. Morgan the always-ready.

I didn't bother to argue back.

I wrapped the blazer round me, and gazed around the gardens. The diamonds palace was completely different to all the others. It was built high up in the mountains, at the top of a winding steep road. It was like a fortress on the outside, the stone almost black in colour,  but the inside was elegant and simple, with everything white or clear, like ice.

The 'gardens', were tiered, following the natural slopes of the mountain, there weren't many plants or trees, as they couldn't grow in the cold, but there were plenty if animals scurrying around to make up for it, but the garden still looked pretty with a gentle dusting of snow everywhere.

The servant lead us into the palace, handing us thick fur coats on the way in.

Finally, proper warmth.